M021

9:15 AM | same day

It was lunchtime!

All the students hurried down to the cafeteria to grab their favorite snacks.

Friends had saved seats in various parts of the institution, whether it was the lawn, hallway, or lunchroom.

In the empty hallway of their part of the institution, Beomgyu and Ryujin, sat on the benches between the lockers. The picture window behind them let in rays of light, offering a comforting warmth during the winter.

Yuna and Kai were not too far away, down the hall, playing hopscotch with their other friends.

Ryujin and Beomgyu were having a great time with each other when they were immediately disturbed by a group of students.

LEEYEONG: [grabs Ryujin harshly by her wrist, causing her to stand up] What the heck, babe! Why aren't you replying to texts?!

RYUJIN: [stunned but immediately loses her temper] Lee the fck?! let go of my wrist! [attempts to release her hand, but his grip was too strong] Ouch! You are hurting me!

LEEYEONG: First, answer my question! Why the fck aren't you replying to texts? You have been ignoring me for the past few weeks!

RYUJIN: I said let go of my wrist! First, you barged into my room yesterday without my permission when I was talking with my online friend. You made me feel so embarrassed! Now you came out of nowhere and are making me feel embarrassed in front of my real-life friends!

Beomgyu was watching their conversation, a little shocked at how Lee appeared out of nowhere. The situation Ryujin described sounded so familiar to him. He got up but didn't say anything. When he saw how stubborn Lee was acting, he decided to intervene.

BEOMGYU: Hey! Can't you hear her?! Let go of her wrist!

LEEYEONG: [notices Beomgyu] Who are you?! I have never seen you here.

BEOMGYU: I'll answer your question after you let go of her. [stern voice]

LEEYEONG: [scoffs] I won't. This is mine and my girlfriend's personal matter. I suggest staying out—

RYUJIN: I AM NOT YOUR NOT FCKING GIRLFRIEND, LEE!! [shouts in an aggressive voice]

Ryujin's voice echoed in the hallway, immediately alerting Kai and Yuna. The two came running up the hall to see them.

YUNA: HEY, YOU SMALL DICKHEAD, LET GO OF HER WRIST!! [walks in and aggressively pushes Lee, causing him to let go of Ryujin's wrist] I TOLD YOU FCKERS TO STAY AWAY FROM HER!

Kai immediately pulled Ryujin back. She burst into tears. Beomgyu was speechless. Were they all enemies or something? But this was not the time to think.

When Yuna pushed Lee back, his friend Yuwon came forward and gave Yuna a harsh slap on her face, causing her to fall on the ground.

KAI: Yuna! [runs up to her] Are you okay? [looks at her face and notices a red mark, rages in anger. Looks at Yuwon.] YOU B*TCH!!

BEOMGYU: [worried that these people might end up hurting Kai as well, so he immediately stops him from attacking them] Kai, calm down! Look after Ryu and Yuna! I'll talk with these people!

Kai calmed down and nodded his head. He helped Yuna get up, who was raging in anger and did not care that she was hurt. Kai whispered in her ear, telling her that Beomgyu would take care of them and that she should look after Ryujin.

Yuna was mad, hella mad, but she agreed. She sat next to Ryujin and began comforting her.

Kai, on the other hand, kept standing. He was ready to attack back if Lee and his friends did anything.

BEOMGYU: [looks at the group with stern eyes] What do you want from Ryujin? Why did you come and grab her like that?

LEEYEONG: [scoffs and smirks] Listen here, new kid. I don't know who you are or what relation you have with Ryujin and her friends, but I suggest breaking it immediately. You don't want to get in trouble with me.

BEOMGYU: [serious face] That still doesn't answer my question.

LEEYEONG: Looks like you have never been in a relationship, pretty boy. The day you get into one, you'll understand my situation. [notices some teachers walking down the hall] I have to go now.

BEOMGYU: [doesn't reply and just watches them go deep down into the other hall]

Beomgyu knew there was more to the picture, and he was determined to find out.

Who is Lee? 

Why the heck did he hurt his friends like that? 

Are Ryujin and Lee exes or something?

The boy turned around and faced his friends.

Ryujin was silently crying in her place, her face buried in her palms. Tears were streaming down Yuna's face, but she comforted the girl by angrily swearing at those people.

YUNA: Fck Lee! I want to kill that jerk!!

BEOMGYU: [serious tone] Calm down, Yuna. No need to dirty your tongue like that. [looks at Ryujin] Ryu, we need to talk.

RYUJIN: [sniffs and wipes her tears] Huh? I-I am fine, Gyu. Let-let's just forget—

BEOMGYU: [grabs her by the arms, not harshly, and drags her into a different dark and quiet hall]

Yuna and Kai watched as they both disappeared from sight. They both did not protest, as they trusted Beomgyu. However, they were a little surprised at how serious Beomgyu looked.

They both will have a long chat.