M053

5:23 PM | next day (Friday)

The bus dropped Beomgyu off at the station. It drove off, revealing a beautiful sunset and the view of a girl, sitting on the cement boundary, parting the road from the sand.

The boy slowly walked up to the girl. He sat next to her. She was wearing a peach colored baggie jacket with black trousers. She was looking down. There was a breeze, brushing their hair towards the left.

Beomgyu didn't know what to say.

Right then, he got a notification. He got his phone out and opened it.

It was a message by Reo.

The boy slowly looked up at the girl. He saw her holding her phone and on the screen, it was his contact open. The girl had sent him a message, to prove that it was really her messaging him this whole time.

BEOMGYU: [softly smiles] It was you, huh?

RYUJIN: Why did you lie to me?! [she looked at him suddenly, causing the boy to be stunned. he was not expecting that question]

BEOMGYU: Uh.. [ryujin looks the other way, her arms crossed, feeling upset] I-I thought we still had the old deal.. I-I wasn't sure if I could trust you completely...a-and I didn't know you trusted me completely... after all... it was online.... [ryujin didn't say anything and still didn't look at him] I am sorry... [looks down]

RYUJIN: It's fine. [her voice was stern and emotionless. she was still mad but couldn't blame him compeletly. she still refused to look at him though]

There was a short pause.

BEOMGYU: H-how did you come to the conclusion that it was me... [leans a bit forward, trying to make eye contact with her]

There was a short pause.

RYUJIN: [sniffs] After we both stopped chatting for a month. I was going through our old chats, because I was missing you. If you are wondering why I didn't reply back... I was just very done... I felt everything around me was falling apart.. I missed the old you so much! So, to make myself happy, I simply reread our old messages and gaslighted myself that we were still chatting.. As I was reading them, I had realized that we had waaay to many coincidences. Before, you came here,  we barely had a similar incident. Not to mention our time zones were also very different. So, I found it weird that suddenly we started chatting at the same time.

RYUJIN: I also explored your account and found out that you were following Yuna and Kai. You never did that before and they followed you back. Let me tell you, Kai doesn't follow anyone back, even Yuna! So I found it weird that he followed you. You must be someone he knows, I thought.

RYUJIN: I also recalled Yuna telling me that 'Bear' was someone I knew but I wasn't sure if she was referring to you as my father had shown up... and stuff. As I was further exploring, you posted that picture, which I 101% remembered taking of you at the beach and... yeah. Here we are.

BEOMGYU: [impressed by her] (Damn... I was so dumb...)

There was a long pause, just the wind spoke.

BEOMGYU: So... [trying to eliminate the awkward atmosphere] How does it feel to brozone him? [he slowly smiled and looked at her.]

RYUJIN: [rolls eyes] Don't change the subject, Gyu! Ugh! What do you expect?! [silence] B-but I still like h-him... I hope he still feels the same for me.. [cutely pouts and slightly looks over her shoulder to see his reaction]

BEOMGYU: [senses the tension but still plays it cool] Well... mm I hope so too! ... So are you still gonna love him even after he leaves for Australia? [leans slightly backward, his hands on the cement wall as he did so, enjoying the view] (Damn that was a smooth way to reveal something in the heat of the moment)

RYUJIN: [smoothly turns around and looks at him in a horrified expression] WHAT! [Beomgyu starts chuckling] BEOMGYU! [her hand automatically placed on his hands]

BEOMGYU: [stops chuckling] I am sorry. [laughs a little] Your reaction was priceless.

RYUJIN: [worried expression] BEOMGYU! This isn't funny! [Beomgyu stops laughing] Y-you are actually leaving...!!? [Beomgyu nods his head. speechless] No! You can't do this! You can't betray me further! We just met like this! How could you!? [eyes reddens]

BEOMGYU: [takes a deep breath] I know, Ryu. It's hard. I know....To be honest even I didn't know I was going back... I just found out when I returned home from the hospital...

RYUJIN: When are you leaving?!

BEOMGYU: February 5th...[Ryujin gasped but she didn't say anything]

There was another long pause.

The thing was, they both weren't uncomfortable with one another. They were just in shock. They did not expect this to happen at all. They wanted to talk. They wanted to tell each other how they feel but the shock got the best of them.

After the long pause, Ryujin got a call from her mother, asking her where she was. Ryujin declined it and stood up. Beomgyu didn't notice but on the other side of the road, Ryujin's private car was parked, waiting for her.

The girl was walking up to it when she paused, she looked over her shoulder and said.

"My wedding is too on the 5th of February...I am planning of running away but only if you agree with me.."

Beomgyu's eyes widened in shock.

BEOMGYU: Ryu.. run away...?

RYUJIN: Yes, I will only do that if you agree with me.

BEOMGYU: [nervously chuckles] Ryu... that sounds very wild.. [scraches the back of his head] Don't you think...

RYUJIN: I will wait for your answer. Please, think about it and let me know..

Before could say anything the girl entered her car and drove off.

Beomgyu was left speechless. He thought about it. For the first time after a long time, the boy felt tempted to do something.... wild.

"Should I..?"

. . . .

AUTHOR: I know many were expecting a better reaction than this and trust me, I was planning to do that. (This chapter will likely go under heavy editing once the book ends)

I was planning of making this too an emotionale chapter but I was like, "Nah, leave it. You should have some mercy on your readers because the sht they are about to read," well let's just wait and see for ourselves. 🤭

(omg I am going to get so much hate after this lmao 💀)