M048

00:00 | fast forward

The two weeks went like a flow.

The two had adapted a routine.

Beomgyu would often visit Ryujin in the morning times and have breakfast with her. The two would talk for a bit but then Beomgyu would leave due to his regular check up. The boy was recovering very quickly.

After that, during the afternoon and noon time, Ryujin and Beomgyu would spend time exploring and roaming the hospital together. They had a great time with one another.

But happy moments don't last forever.

The day had come when Ryujin and Beomgyu were discharged from the hospital.

11:00 PM | Thursday

Ryujin was kept on a wheelchair and was taken inside her house. She was still in her hospital cloths and was bare foot. Her personal maid, whom she considers a sister as well, Wendy drives the wheelchair for her.

As soon as she entered her house, she saw her parents. Her mother was on the sofa, looking worried while her father was standing, his hands in his pockets. He had a serious and stern look on his face.

Ryujin looked at them, wondering why they were like this. Shouldn't they be happy to see their daughter safe and thankfully untouched?

RYUJIN: Umm eomma? Appa? Is everything alright? You guys looked tensed..

M.ISEUL: How many times have I told you to call us mum and dad? We are modern Ryujin. Stop trying to act like those poor and illiterate people.

RYUJIN: [tiredly let's go off her neck as she sighs. this ain't a old thing for her. ryujin loved calling her parents by their Korean titles but they did not like this]

M.ISEUL: Ryujin. [ryujin looks up at her parents.] Me and your father need to talk to you. [stern voice]

RYUJIN: (Oh my God... is it going to be another lecture?!) Okay mum.. what do you guys want me to talk about..?

M.ISEUL: [glances at her husband then looks at ryujin] You and Lee would be getting married in three months.

RYUJIN: [eyes widened in pure shock.] WHAT?! [hits the wheelchair rest] MUM I AM ONLY 17! MY PRACTICALS ARE ALSO IN THREE MONTHS!!

M.ISEUL: [rolls her eyes, controlling her anger and takes a deep breath] You will be turning 18 in a month, which means you would be a legal adult and marriage would be legally possible.. and don't worry about your studies. You won't need them anyways in the future..

RYUJIN: [angry] MUM! NO! I AM NOT MARRYING THAT A$$HOLE! I AM NOT-

KYUHYUN: Language, Ryujin. [interrupts]

RYUJIN: [looks at him in disbelieve] DAD! WHY?! WHY ARE YOU GUYS DOING THIS TO ME!!?

KYUHYUN: We talked about this, Ryujin. It's for the sake of our business and your future. [softly speaks]