M056

6:18 PM | same day

Beomgyu and Taehyun sat in front of each other. Both of them were leaning on the pilers of the porch. There hands on their knees which was placed in a 'v' shape.

Taehyun had returned from calming Chaeryeong down.

TAEHYUN: I am sorry for the way she behaved.. [Beomgyu looks up at him] It's very hard for us... My father wasn't able to afford another person in the house.. my sister and mother couldn't even bear seeing her face.. Times came when we both just wanted to give up and run away from this mess.. but we didn't...

TAEHYUN: We stayed strong and trusted God... Unfortunately, after my sister's marriage, both of my parents passed away and my sister's husband couldn't stand to take care of me and Chae... So... we both got kicked out..

TAEHYUN: I returned back here... where my parents spend their time with us... Chaeryeong started doing multiple jobs just to bring food to the table.. [sheds a tear] I feel so shameful that my girl has to outside in multiple men.. begging them... for her salary... just to feed me...I feel shameful that I can't even do anything about it...

BEOMGYU: How do you guys...

TAEHYUN: [cuts his words] How do we take care of her medical needs? [scoffs] Well guess what! We don't! We don't have enough money to treat her... [tears start falling out and his voice deepens] The fact she can be cured! She still have some years left... but....[stops]

There was a long silence.

Beomgyu felt so horrible for him. He was shocked by the fact, when everyday he would pass by Taehyun's house, he would see him smiling and chuckling with his fiancé as if nothing happened to them.

TAEHYUN: [wipes tears] Anways.. [sniffs] I told my story to you because I wanted to tell you that you shouldn't give up... You shouldn't let your fears get the best of you, Beomgyu. I wanted to tell you that even though, me and Chae wanted each other so bad. We loved each other so much but we didn't let evil get the best of us.

TAEHYUN: I mean, me and Chae could have ran away years ago, when we both were healthy but we both knew, this was wrong.

BEOMGYU: [leans head back and takes a deep breath] You are right....I really let my intrusive thoughts take over... but... [doubts] If not now, then when, Taehyun? I mean...I am leaving and she is getting married... What if... we never get to see each other again..?

TAEHYUN: [sighs] I am not God, Beomgyu I suggest you to have hope. I mean.. if she is your destiny than surely nothing can stop you from getting her.

There was a short pause.

Beomgyu kept thinking and thinking. Taehyun told him that he wasn't forcing Beomgyu to listen to him, he was just suggesting and reminding Beomgyu about life and that nothing goes according to plan.

BEOMGYU: [gets up and sighs] Thank you so much for the reminder, Taehyun. May God bless you. I have made my decision. [Taehyun smiles] I should be heading back home now. Take care of yourself and your fiance. [turns around to walk but stops. he looks over his shoulder to see Taehyun] Also...

BEOMGYU: Hang in there tight! We will meet again in a few years, I promise!

TAEHYUN: [was confused from his words but smiled] I hope so too, bye Beomgyu! Take care of yourself, bro!

. . .

4:09 PM | Monday

The main day had arrived.

Beomgyu's parents had went to say goodbyes and thanks to Jimin's relatives. Beomgyu had refused to go with them as he didn't feel like it and he knew something else was coming his way.

The boy was sitting on his sofa, thinking deep about something when his house's door bell rang. The boy got up and opened the door and saw Yuna, Kai and Ryujin.

YUNA: [in a hurry] Oppa, we have gotten everything ready! In Kai's car we will take you to Busan's local train station and from their you and Ryujin unnie will take the train to Daegu than to Cheongju than Seoul! It will be a long journey so we have packed lots of snacks for you guys. [shows him the snacks]

KAI: [bring's Beomgyu's luggage out] Yeah, also can we hurry up a bit? My dad would get really mad if he finds out I took his car without permission.

BEOMGYU: No.

Everyone stopped in their place. They looked at each other with confused eyes.

YUNA: What?!

BEOMGYU: [looks at Ryujin, who suddenly became worried from his words] Ryu, we need to talk. [he held her by the hand and dragged her to his bedroom's belcony]

The sun started to set and shadows were being formed on their face's opposite side. There was a yellowish blue hue in the air.

RYUJIN: Beomgyu.. what happened? You are wasting time! We have to go! Your parents are also not here! [she looked at him in worry]

BEOMGYU: [can't make eye contact with her] Ryu... [stern voice] I am sorry but I can't run away with you.