Answers

"Good afternoon everyone and thank you all for coming"

"I'm sure many of you are curious about recent events."

"By now, you're probably aware of the string of missing people reports."

"This was done by a group of terrorists who call themselves spectre, and starting today, they will be the bureaus top priority."

One of the reporters asked, "Another terrorist organization offing people what about ember we haven't gotten closure on them"

The representative responded "of course we understand. we will continue to pursue ember"

Another reporter asked "respectfully sir that isn't an acceptable response. How can you guarantee more groups like these will continue to show up? The public is scared.

"There’s been a lot of talk about the authorities slacking care to comment on that?"

The man lifted up his hand "I assure you we are doing everything in our power to resolve these cases everything is a work in progress and we can't discuss any details as it would harm the investigation"

"We urge everyone to be on alert and report anything suspicious thank you for your patience and trust in--"

The sound of a thud could be heard as a remote controller was thrown at the TV.

William's pov

You scum!

Since I read Simmons letter I haven't been able to get a grip.

These people in charge took my wife

Broke My son so far to the point he couldn't live with himself

And shut down my work.

Exerting so much authority onto our family but making no effort to fix the actual problems out there.

What is this garbage system.

I won't stand by and let them get away by taking everything from me.

John I refuse to believe you would go down like that.

Those wellsten school officials weren't able to get anything from the aftermath but there are countless types of abilities that can uncover. I just have to find someone like that and convince them.

I remember Cameron had the title of ability specialist, which makes him an extremely prestigious member of society I bet he must see countless abilities.

Last time I went to him he brushed me off.

I hate to beg but he might know of a power that can tell me for sure if John is okay.

Next day.

Seraphina's pov

I've been reduced to nothing but a pawn. arlo has been helpful but he can only go so far.

By this point almost all of the school has moved on from John.

Remi feels guilty for ignoring his pain so as a result she's put more and more effort into the safe house.

Right now I stood over the bridge that John fell from I do it every now and then to just to remember him.

The media could care less about a low teir causality

This horrible system ruined him.

I watched down at the water below the bridge.

It's odd he hasn't been found.

And based on the information I have it seems like his mother is behind spectre's conversation technology.

It all fit to perfectly their brown eyes were a perfect match and the way their powers work are the same to a tee.