Alternative: The Forever Bond

Note: So I made major edits to my original rendition of the Forever Bond that you guys witnessed in the main story. I'm sure you all can recall how that was, but as a reminder: the Forever Bond happens because of the intense emotional and mental decline Paul and Marshall have to go through following Brad's death and Marshall's desertion of his coven - a series of events so traumatizing that the Quileute spirit residing inside Paul panics because of Marshall's genuine belief that he shouldn't be alive coupled with Paul's inability to live in a world where Marshall doesn't exist. Paul's wolf spirit intervenes to give them both a purpose to continue living, thus forming the Forever Bond.

But that's not how it was originally supposed to go.

My initial plan for the Forever Bond was extremely different: it was only supposed to be realized among the wolves, meaning Marshall wouldn't have gone through the imprinting process himself; Paul would've gotten the more intense glimpse into the future, along with a few other things I don't want to spoil; and since the pack members could hear each other's thoughts, they would've felt and witnessed what Paul was seeing when experiencing the Forever Bond. And it wasn't supposed to happen because of a traumatic event or anything like that. For Paul, it would've happened when he finally realized that he'd push many important, life altering things away just to be with Marshall.

I don't want to go into too much detail here, so let's get started!

***

To love someone was to find beauty and worth in every little thing they did. To love someone was to cherish them on their good days and appreciate them even harder on their bad ones. To love someone was to willingly give over one's heart with no holds barred—because, without the need to ponder, there was an understanding of it always being in safe hands when within their delicate grasp.

To love someone was to adore them from up close and afar; to find happiness in their happiness; to come to life when witnessing their beautiful smile.

And if there was one word to accurately describe Marshall...it was beautiful.

A clear sky shifting between vibrant pink and purple couldn't compete. A golden sun half hidden by the undulating horizon line wished to be so captivating. A wide ocean tinged with a warm hue of glistening orange would forever be envious.

Because Marshall stole the show simply by existing.

He walked along the coastline with a plastic bucket swinging from one hand. Each slight movement caused recently procured shells to scrape against each other. Bright light passed through the flimsy material of a handheld container, revealing how it was almost completely full.

A smooth, oval-shaped rock had been picked up a few minutes ago. Storing the keepsake away in his pocket caused Marshall's swimming trunk waistband to hang a bit lower on one side. The asymmetrical change caused a portion of his right hip to dip out of his pants. A sharp edge from hard bone only emphasized the toned muscles of his lower abdomen.

Since he was shirtless, it was easy to witness each defined curve, hill, and dip that ran along his torso. Flawless skin was given life by the presence of familiar, intricate tattoos running along slender hands, strong forearms, and a few which were speckled along his bicep and inner triceps. The stunning royal blue of his realistic wing designs accentuated the alluring curvature of his spine.

Paul was tempted to reach out; to caress such an enthralling piece of walking art.

He didn't want to interrupt his imprint's shell scavenge, though, and opted to stay put on the thin blanket being used for their picnic.