Brad's Survival Arc: Part 6

Marshall reached down to pick up his suitcase off of the ground. Before he could commit to a full bend, his husband took the reins by grabbing the luggage himself. A smile was flashed in the vampire's direction to silently tell him to relax. It was a weekend of pampering after all—meaning Marshall wasn't expected to do anything except be happily spoiled. At least, that's what Paul instructed.

If there was one trait, among several, Paul had which stood above all the others, it was his stubbornness. When he made important plans, he always did everything in his power to commit to them. If he ever swore to do a favor for someone, he kept his word no matter how much time passed. If he said he was making time for a specific person, he'd ensure there were no distractions to steal his attention away.

He promised a weekend away to allow his lover to feel like pampered royalty, so Paul wanted to get a head start.

Shaking his head, Marshall turned around to give his other companion a tight hug. As their bodies met, they let out simultaneous grunts when squeezing each other with purpose. "Are you really sure you're okay with us leaving for so long? You're only just getting the hang of controlling your cravings."

"Stop worrying so much," Brad chided with a laugh. "I'll be fine. Besides, you guys are only leaving for three days. If you ask me, your trip is too short."

"I'm just concerned about something happening while we're gone."

"All that stress is exactly why you need some time away. You've been going crazy over a lot of stuff recently. And, really, for your sake, you need to take a break."

Both men parted, only for Brad to wrap an arm around Marshall's shoulders. They stood close enough for differing hair textures to weave into each other.

"Plus, with how much you've been keeping an eye on me, you haven't been able to fully...settle in with your husband." Brad wiggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner. "And if there's one thing I know about you, it's that you get cranky when you don't get laid after a few days. According to my calculations- ah, let me see...add the six, carry the four...oh, yeah- it's been weeks. So, go on. Drive off, check into your hotel, and have a wonderful evening filled with some rough, passionate, wild kinky shit. If you don't come back with a limp by the time this weekend is over, I'm sending you off again."

"Challenge accepted!"

Paul's excited voice caused phantom warmth to erupt across Marshall's entire face. 

He chuckled, shielding one of his cheeks with the back of his hand. "Ganging up on me like this isn't fair. How am I supposed to come up with a counter argument?"

Brad shrugged. "Hm...you're not! You just need to stop putting everything else before yourself for a change. How can you start? By climbing into your seat, like the little passenger princess we all know and love, and being swept away by your dashingly handsome knight in shining, slightly furry armor."

With everything now packed, Paul closed the trunk. He gave himself a moment to approach both vampires to, quite literally, scoop them up into a strong hug. Shared laughter was forced out of them with each gentle clenching of the arms.

"Aww, Brad- you think I'm handsome?~"

"Well, not more than me, but you're definitely up there."

***

Brad continued to wave from his spot on the porch as he watched his friends drive down the road. He only relaxed once the car was no longer visible, reveling in a calm silence hanging in the air. He listened to swaying branches whose pine needles caressed each other like delicate fingers. Tall trees danced high up near the sky. Breaks in clouds allowed faint rays of sunshine to seep through. Wearing shorts gave his lower legs no covering, and they began to glisten by the natural radiance gleaming down from the heavens.