[Goodbye]

Dinner so far was extremely quiet, San was sat down between my father and I. My dad tried to sit beside me, but San quickly moved to sit beside me and my sister sat down on the other side of me.

San had his hand on my thigh under the table and I couldn't eat. I felt sick to my stomach, I wanted so badly to leave. This isn't my home anymore, it's never felt like home...

"Jiwon, do you have something to say to your son?" My mom asked and I looked up from my plate to see him glaring at me.

"I don't have a Son, so I don't know what you're talking about," He said looking at her and I heard San scoff.

"Pathetic, you're fucking Pathetic, you know that?" San asked looking at him as he crossed his arms.

"San-"

"No, Yeo, I'm not going to keep quiet. Mr. Kang, he is your son, and he is the best guy in the world. He didn't deserve what you put him through, he was just a baby, he didn't know anything. Do you have any idea how much trauma you caused him?"

"Mr Choi-"

"He is hurting because of you. So what if he likes boys? Something like that doesn't make him a terrible person. Being gay doesn't mean anything about your personality. You know what my dad told me when I came out? He told me that he always knew, but he was proud of me for being true to myself and that I was honest with him..He told me that he loved me no matter what. You'd think that after everything you've done to Yeosang, you could've at least told him that you love him and that's the bare fucking minimum."

I finched when I heard my dad slam his hand on the table and put my arm in front of San.

"Who are you to tell me how I feel about Yeosang?! Clearly you've never been disciplined before, because if you have, you wouldn't be the way that you are and roping my son into your gross ways-"

"He didn't rope me into them," I said interrupting him as I looked at my plate and I stood up from my chair before looking at him, "I've always been this way, I just didn't want to admit to myself because I was scared of you and everyone...dad, I don't care what you think of me, but I...I am so in love with San and I always will be and mom, Sol..I love you and thank you so much for being there for me but...I'm going to live with San and his family."

"Yeo-"

"I can't stay in a house where I don't feel safe or loved...I'm uncomfortable here and I don't like it. I'm also...not going to go to church anymore either, because I'm not welcomed there and I'm sure dad is going to make the Choi family stop going to."

"Yeosang?" My mom said, making me look at her, "We understand and if living with San and his family makes you feel safer then....you can do that, we won't stop you, but we will miss you."

"I'll still see you and Sol whenever I can," I said smiling at her and she nodded slowly, "And dad?" I said looking at him and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?"

"I um...I'll try to see you too in the future, but as of right now, I can't."

"I don't want you to," He said looking at me as he stood up from the table and went upstairs to his room and we all heard him slam his bedroom door.

I looked down at my half empty plate before feeling San put his hand in mine as he stood up from his chair.

"Baby-"

"Can we go?" I asked looking at him and he sighed before nodding slowly.

"Mrs. Kang, Sol. Thank you for dinner, it was nice seeing you again. We'll see you again as soon as we can," San said smiling at them and they nodded before Sol hugged me tightly.