15. The Ordinary

I leaned on my car door my arms crossed across my chest. I glanced at my watch. 12:05. I was waiting for Loviana to arrive at the cafe near the outskirts. It was still a half an hour drive from here. I was getting restless both because I asked Loviana to take a taxi till outskirts wondering if she's safe and also about the meeting.

A cab pulled over at the pavement just a little away from my car. She got out of the car. She was wearing a coffee brown shirt with a white jeans. Her hair was up in a messy bun with few loose strands framing her face. Her rich caramel skin glowed in the sun. She looked gorgeous. She stepped up to me, her chocolate brown eyes gazing into mine intensely. She handed me the blueprints. I mumbled a thanks. She smiled at me in response.

I sat in my car and roared the engine to life when I noticed that the area was kind of deserted. Leaving her here to find her way back wouldn't be safe. Given the time I can't drive her back home either. So I came with the only thing I felt was right. I turned my car around driving to Loviana. I halted the car infront of her. I lowered the my window and she walked closer to my car and leaned through my window.

"How about you come to the meeting with me?" I offered.

"What? No. What would I do there?" She asked in an amused tone.

"But its not right to leave you here alone and I would be late for the meeting if I drove you home."

"Its okay, Mr Reiss. I will manage." She replied.

I frowned. She wouldn't ever give up. Would she? She wouldn't ever take help from me.

"Get in the car the easy way or we could do the hard way." I asserted.

"No. I can find my own way and its 12 in the noon. I will be fine. You should leave before your late." She argued.

I rubbed my hand on my face. Fine. Let's do it the hard way.

I unfastened my seatbelt. I got out of my car. I walked over to the other side. She stared at me with confusion all over her face as I stepped closer to her. Before she could ask I caged her between my body and the car.  I gazed into her almond eyes intently contemplating if I should talk calmly or just pick her up and throw her in my car, laying her ass up on my lap and spank the self dependance out of her. I saw her swallow, her neck drawing my attention asking me to mark it as my own.

Its not the time for this. I would definitely do it some other day.

"Look, Lovi. I'm just trying to make sure you are safe. You won't need to do anything. Just stay by my side. Can you do that for me dear? " I said in a husky deep voice hoping it would convince her.

She nodded and said almost in a whisper " O-okay."

"Good girl." I patted her cheek lightly.

We drove into the Sinclair estate on time. A bit early to be precise. The  whole car ride was silent. I didn't know what to say. So I choose to be silent.

We walked into the mansion. Scratch that. It wasn't a mansion. It was more of a castle. No wonder they are so powerful in business world. If I must say, they were a notch above us and with this merger I would be catching up soon.

The maid let us into the castle. Loviana and I were seated in a luxurious what I think was the living room. She asked us to wait as she left to inform Mr Sinclair. I glanced at the watch. Now that I did come here, I was a bit nervous. I was thinking it might have been a bad idea. I was shaking my legs as a way to shake off my anxiety when I felt a warm hand on my thigh close to my knee.

"Hey. Its gonna be okay." She said with a assuring smile and I couldn't help but smile back at her for being so thoughtful. She didn't avert her gaze and neither did I.