43. The Deal

Loviana's POV

"....The young handsome CEO of ‘Reiss Enterprise’, one of the most influential company across the world, was found with Sara Miller, the CEO of ‘Cos-mart’, the most iconic beauty brand in a party which took place in a newly built, Hotel Royals, a joint merger between the Reiss enterprises and Sinclair's. Rumors have been sparked as the gorgeous CEO has claimed to have a history with the hot business tycoon."

"Stop watching that stupid shit." Sky switched off the tv and settled beside me.

"No...I was just..."

"What? Finding more reason to justify what you did?"

Ouch. That hurt. I might have overreacted but damn. She didn't have to rub it on me. Damn! Pregnant Sky was a menace. But she looked so cute with all that pregnancy glow and that little amount of weight gain she has had. She looked more like fluffy angry kitten. But if you didn't listen to her, you would have to witness that angry cute kitten transform into a ferocious tigress.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" I tried to divert the topic.

"Do not divert the topic. And just go and apologize to him."

"But...what if he doesn't forgive me?" I said, hesistant.

"Dude? Are you serious? That guy is head over heels for you and you think he won't forgive you just because you overreacted? I think he is a better man than that." She replied as she opened the pickle jar that she kept close to her since she got pregnant. Dan spends his nearly quarter of his salary buying pickles for Sky. They were kind of cute.

"What do I do?" I mumbled to myself, my brain already fishing for ideas to apologise.

It was true I overreacted. Even if I did think he cheated on me in that moment, deep down I didn't believe it myself. I didn't believe he could do something like that. Somewhere my gut told me that he would never do something so immoral. I waited all these days hiding like a coward instead of facing him and apologizing for causing him so much pain thinking of ways to face him. He kept saying that she forcefully kissed him and he pushed her away once he realised what was happening but nothing made sense to me when I saw those photographs. All I was then was red. I knew that Jennifer had feelings for Damien but when I saw him with—

The doorbell rang distracting my chain of thoughts and overwhelming emotions. It must be Dan. I should hurry up and ask if Damien is at home so that I can devise some way to apologise to him. I rushed to open the door.

"Dan, How is your brot....?" My voice trailed off when I saw who was standing at my door.

"Mr Arthur." I gasped.

                         ***********

I placed a glass of water on the coffee table. Sky glared at the man who was sitting infront of her. Sky had a really thick beef with Mr Reiss, the senior one. In fact Sky had beef with both the junior Reiss and the senior Reiss. I guess she was still angry that he didn't acknowledge her relationship with Dan but only beared with it since he knew how much Dan needed it. Well, it was so obvious that only a blind can't see that.

"What brings you here, Mr Arthur?" I asked as I sat besides my father-in-law. Too be honest, he was intimidating. He always held this cold glare in his eyes, which could set you on an icy fire. His aura was compelling and strong. I could see why Damien and Dan both weren't so close to their dad. But something about him seemed off. I don't know but his eyes didn't hold that icy glare that it always had. Maybe he wasn't feeling that well.

"You have to....actually...." he seemed hesitant about whatever he wanted to talk to me about. Was he going to talk  about Damien? Is he okay?

I started to panic when I thought of him being sick. "Is Damien okay?" I asked, my voice rang with concern.