19. The Whore

"Loviana?" I stood behind her chair and called her name, holding back the anger, jealousy and love I feel for her. I tried my best to control my tone but I knew I failed miserably.

She titled her head and gasped "Damien." I watched her as her beautiful chocolate brown eyes widen from an almond shape to a round. I stared at her face intently when she stared at me dumbfounded. Our little staring session was interrupted by that bitch Eric as he coughed and she turned to face him. I closed my eyes trying to control the whirlwind of emotions in me. "Da-Damien. Th-This is Eric. B-Ben's son. Ben... I mean Eric, this is Damien.... my boss." She stuttered. I think she could see what I was feeling at the moment. Loads and loads of jealousy and anger. My jaw was surely clenched and my fist were curled into balls. She must have noticed that too, not that I was doing anything to hide it.

"I'-Im sure you must know each other." She let out a soft awkward laugh.

Eric got up from his chair with a smirk and forwarded his hand for a shake. I didn't take it. I just stood their until Loviana gestured me with her eyes to shake it. I let out an exasperated sigh and took it squeezing it hard and noting how his eye twitched.

"What brings you here, Mr Damien? It must have been important if you are ruining our date." He said letting go of the handshake

This bitch. I should have broken his hand when I shaked it.

"Yeah. I just couldn't sit back watch when someone is prying into my business." I said, my tone stern just like my face.

He raised a brow, and chuckled. "Why? It's worth a shot. I'm sure I won't regret it."

My face steeled hearing his words. Just one punch and I will set him straight.

"I'm sure she is. But you aren't worth the shot for her." I plastered a fake smile on my face to make it less intimidating. His dad was important to me. This deal was important to me. But if I had to choose between the deal and her then its obviously her. Still I wasn't going to let this ruin the deal. If I be in control of my mind and not my emotions, I can have both.

He shook his whole body in laughter and I just stood their in bewilderment. Loviana just glanced at me with furrowed brows just like I did at her.

"I like that." He said as he took a step closer to me. "I like how she has wrapped you around her finger. I'm only letting her go because even I think she deserves better than me." He then paused for a moment and continued "You hurt her, and I will find you only to make you pay for it."  He said with a tone that gave away the threat in it.

He stepped away with a smirk plastered on his face.

And... she had him under her spell too. But could I blame her? She is just that adorable.

I replied his words with a curt nod.

As if I would hurt her anymore.

I agree I was being a jerk lusting over her and making her feel so insecure with my unsure feelings but that was in the past. I realised what I want now. I was focused. My mind was clear as a crystal.

He turned to Loviana and gave her a small peck on her cheeks, "If he hurts you, remember you have me."

I didn't like how she squirmed when he pecked her cheeks neither did I like how her beautiful eyes widened for him just like they did when I would touch her.

This was my limit.

Eric walked past her after sending a wink to her. Loviana stood there still confused by everything that happened in the past few minutes.

I wasted no time in grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the restaurant. When I realised she wasn't able to keep up with my long strides as she was wearing pumps with a medium heel, I slowed my pace to hers. She didn't try to fight me. She didn't say a word. Maybe she could read that I was angry. Or she was too perplexed too do anything now.