CHAPTER 03

CHAPTER THREE
THE RED WARRIOR

---*---
THE ZEN KINGDOM

-Teodora High-
Vanessa Bryant was born as the only daughter of Duke Bryant. The Bryant family had sworn their loyalty to the previous Royal Family of the Central Kingdom, the Zen Family. Their forefathers ensured that no one will dare to lay a hand on the throne. Even when the Royal Family had fallen six feet underground, they kept protecting the crown and will eventually serve the next rightful ruler.

"Moving on," the professor of the third period in Bea's class erased the writings on the board, writing a name of a popular person in her youth: 'Pia Michelle Bryant'.

Scribble.

Sabrina took a short pause from jotting her notes down, realizing that her friend shared the same family name. Is it perhaps a coincidence? Certainly not.

"Bryant? Vanessa's family?" she mumbled as she write the details of their lecture. Sabrina turned to look at Bea, who wore an indescribable face all of the sudden. Whatever expression she had at the moment, her complexion was not good that she had turned pale as if she saw a ghost.

Technically, the person the professor was talking about had passed several years ago.

"Vanessa Bryant," as her name was called, she immediately stood up.

Like her usual tone, she replied a simple "Yes," nodding while placing her hands behind her.

Ahem.

"As a member of the Bryant Duchy," the professor started it up, checking the atmosphere in the corners of the room. Although Vanessa is a student of their school, she's still from a ducal family. Nevertheless, the professor proceeded. "Could you please share what kind of person was the renowned Pia Michelle Bryant?"

Placing himself in the center of the stage, the professor awaits for Vanessa's response. However, Vanessa had no actual memory of the woman, who's name was written in white chalk. All she could share was that Pia Michelle Bryant expertised at wielding swords.

"She was... a great swordmaster..."

"Uh-huh..."

"Mmm..." Vanessa hummed, squeezing the memories about the said woman. "Her red eyes matched her ginger-red hair which satisfied the title 'The Red Warrior'."

In the end, Vanessa merely stood there with silence, probably awaiting for the professor to her to simply sit down.

Haiz.

"You may be seated," he fanned his hand, in which it could be stated that the professor was somewhat disappointed. Still, he could not blame Vanessa for not having a family time with the deceased warrior.

Pia Michelle Bryant was the cousin of the former Duke, the maternal grandfather of Vanessa. During her early twenties, she met the son of a fallen Baron family. Disregarding that statement, the son entered an elite academy and surpassed the examination. Years after, his name was known in the entire continent as "Ability Holder Master Dylan Argos Wang."

Their marriage become a trending topic at that time.

Despite having a strong physique, The Red Warrior was also a human being without possessing any Ability Attributes, must also rest for eternity.

"Mmm? Sophia?" as Vanessa took her seat casually, she noticed the eerie atmosphere surrounding around her. "Sophia?"

"She's out," Sabrina nudge Vanessa, whispering, "Let her be... for now."