CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE QUEEN OF THE NORTHERN KINGDOM

---*---
THE ZEN KINGDOM

-Rafiki's Academy-
Being a proxy of the Great Master was not easy as Bea had expected.

Groan.

'Ow, my back!' her internal complains slowly burned her as her back ached thousands of her nerves. She groaned, cracking another bone off her spinal column. 'I feel so old,' she snorted to herself, grabbing the pen near her sight.

Haiz.

Bea grew up to be an understanding child without often asking 'why', to which reason why they lied to her without breaking a sweat. But, that was all in the past now.

'Grandpa...' her sighs kept getting heavier as her thoughts were drowned deeper. 'Where are you?'

When her grandfather will not show his face for months, she knew that he was only attending meetings or was in a quest to help the kingdom. However, this time, it seemed different than his usual disappearance.

Hmm...

Now that Bea's barely holding the title of the Great Master, her workload was bombarded than even that her school absence had a straight week streak.

Groan.

"Do I really have to write this?" once again, she groaned, fussing in front of a thick report book. If that wasn't already enough, Councilor Tala entered the office room with another tray of unread letters.

"Yo, Trix!" he smiled as if flowers were blooming beside him. Bea, on the other hand, could barely hold her sweeping tears of bleat.

Eek!

Seeing another round of sealed words piling the desk, her soul felt like escaping her mouth as her skin become white.

"Ahaha," Councilor Tala chuckled, noticing Bea hit her forehead on the desk, making the papers bounce to the impact. Some fell on the floor as the rest flopped down the wooden surface. "You should have let Ethan do the work," he winked, playfully teasing the young Supremo, who's at the other side of academy.

"Not funny, Councilor Tala..." she muffled, managing to at least lift her head. Bea then, saw his soft expression, probably relieved.

Pfft

A silent laugh escaped his lips, brushing his hair up while bending his legs to pick the scattered papers. "Why don't you take a break?"

"Am I allowed to?" Bea's lips were pouted as she moved her head slightly, placing her cheek on the edge of the desk. "Besides, I had nothing else to do aside from checking these papers."

"Mmm," Councilor Tala had a perky smirk on his face as a halo of light suddenly surrounded him. "I heard that Ethan's training—"

"Where?" she sprinted on her seat after biting the bait. With her action, Councilor Tala chuckled again. Well, it was not surprising since amongst the Head Councilors, Councilor Tala is more fond of Bea that he knew which button to press whenever she had certain tantrums.

Shift.

"The main grounds," once he placed his sentence down, Bea rushed to the door to see Ethan. When she was no longer in the scene, Councilor Tala mumbled, "Oh, young love," reorganizing the desk after a shook of a head.

'Great Master...' his eyes were trailed to the skies, clear yet lonely. 'Have we made the right choice?'

Leaving the thoughts of Councilor Tala, Bea had a radiant face as she walked around the Rafiki's Academy's halls without concealing her identity. She still hasn't mastered controlling her Ability so she did not dare to use teleportation or she might be transported with missing limbs.