CHAPTER 09

CHAPTER NINE
REDS AND CRYSTALS

---*---
THE WHITE KINGDOM
vs.
THE ZEN KINGDOM

/a flashback/
Rafiki's Academy had always been the home of Great Masters. Before the Great Master Wang actually became one, he had ups and downs in his life, for he is also a human being.

He faced tragedy and hardships and he also knew the feeling of being in-loved.

The Wang family used to be famous for being geniuses each century of their generation. However, they had fallen due to attempt of stealing the crown of the Zens.

They received countless hatred to their own people and faced humiliation as they walked the isles of the streets. From then on, they were labeled as the Fallen House of Geniuses.

However, Dylan Argos Wang, a seven year old boy, was different. He loved the Central Kingdom and had patriotic love for it. He dreamt of being a soldier and serve his country with honesty.

"Must you all really do this?!" he shouted, grabbing the arm of his father.

"You are a fool, Dylan!" the father yelled back, slapping his son in front of the servants. Everyday was a mess in their manor, that Dylan had enough.

Ha.

He shook his head then lifted his gaze, "No, father," he breathes. "You are the foolish one..."

As his back was turned, Dylan decided to learn magic for that time, an Ability Holder was labeled as the strongest one.

"On second thought," he paused, clenching his fist. "The word fool is incorrect to describe you," Dylan looked behind his shoulder, seeing the disdainful eyes of his father than taunts him. "You have become greedy."

Whoosh!

As his family schemed another attempt of sitting themselves on the gemstone throne, he left their manor to study magic manifestation.

"Young master, I beg of you!" a servant took her knees to the floor. "Save this family!"

"I'll try, nanny," he left a bitter smile, taking his bag of clothes.

Venturing to the deep forest, he met an old man, who he believed was a descendant of Rafiki.

"Mister," his voice was humbled. "Please teach me magic!"

The old man looked at him, squinting his eyes to examine his energy (mana / chi). In the end, he laughed at the young Dylan. "You? What could a spoiled brat do?"

Time went on, the old man took Dylan as his apprentice.

"Move your ass, brat!" he growled, hitting the boulder that was on Dylan's back.

Huff!

He panted for he had gone exhausted.

Cha!

Their training days went ahead as Dylan got used to the nature's color.

Summers turned to winters, and autumn met spring. Dylan learned magic rather quicker than the descendant of Rafiki thought of. After all, he was from the bloodline of geniuses, he grasped each and every information without difficulty.

"I have nothing to teach you," the old man smiled as Dylan was left dumbfounded. "Go and set yourself out."

Smile.

Bringing his new set of honor, he cleansed his name while succeeding each quest as a young Ability Learner.

During his teenage years, he got an assignment where he met the cousin of Duke Jake Miller Bryant. She had a wild demeanor and was free spirited person, which suited her crimson appearance.