CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10
THE SAID BLESSED CHILD

---*---
THE WHITE KINGDOM

-White Kingdom-
The Western Kingdom had rulers with white hair, shining like the silver moonlight and eyes like crystal gem that when the ray of sun kissed their pupils, shards of light broke down to a rainbow color.

There was a tale about the founder of the kingdom and to what reason their bloodline had been blessed by such appearance. The tale goes like this;

/a flashback/
Long ago, the first king fell in love with a Spirit Fairy of Light, a dazzling beauty with her shining locks of silver hair and eyes that trapped rainbow colors.

The first king would always hunt near her woods to catch a glimpse of her face. Once in a while, the Spirit Fairy will sing her song that made his heart pound faster. He was mesmerized by her voice that his love fell deeper as he watched her from afar.

'I do not deserve such woman...' he thought helplessly as his lips were rounded, holding a crown of flowers. He placed the crown on the rock and left with his horse.

As the first king's horse move away, the Spirit Fairy carefully took the flower crown. 'What a coward,' she scoffed putting it on her head.

Smile.

Without the king knowing it, the Spirit Fairy had equally returned his feelings.

Time went on, the first king confessed his love as the Spirit Fairy danced under the warmth of the sun. She smiled and thought, 'Oh, finally.'

"W-Will you accept this human's love?" stammered the first king, shy and blushing while extending his hand.

She had a faint smile, nodding. "Yes," was her sweet reply that made him jump in joy. The Spirit Fairy then,  promised the man she loved an abundant land. Thus, their love blossomed like the evergreen land of fruits and crops.

Years passed more, the Spirit Fairy of Light gave birth to a son, inheriting most of her remarkable features. A hair color like silk of silver, bouncing off as white and eyes of a rainbow gemstone. His ability was also similar to his mother. A foresight vision, activated in the times of their danger.

Generations after generations, the White family had kings of white hair and gemstone rainbow eyes, except for the current king of this time.

He only inherited the silver-like hair but he got his eyes from his mother, a deep blue colored pupil with a Water Attribute. Unlike his older brother, the proper heir to the throne got all of the features of the previous kings before him.

"Ha!" the Crown Prince breathed out, hurriedly coming to his pregnant consort.

"Your Highness?"

"Your Highness, where are you running off to?"

The Dukes in the meeting hall called for him, surprised to his sudden actions.

"Why would His Highness run like that?" scratched a duke.

To answer that question, their Crown Prince just had a terrible vision that's more urgent than his meeting with the Dukes.

BANG!

"Astrix!" the door flew open, revealing his surprised wife. Her red eyes were rounded as her red hair gently waved like the flag of an emerging victor of war. As shocked as she was, she still welcomed his husband while rubbing her palm on the bump of her stomach.

"Shh... You might wake her."

Gasp!

"I..." he gasped, seeing another horrible vision. The red hair of his wife was not naturally colored,  was dyed by her own blood as a blade mercilessly jabbed her stomach.