CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
THE CURE

---*---
A KINGDOM

-Somewhere within a country-

/a flashback/

The shackles of his past remained deeper than his healed scars. He only saw nothing but endless darkness as he sat on the cold floor of an underground dungeon.

Cling.

Clang.

As he weakly moved his thin wrists, the chains hanging to his shackles created sounds that he hated. The metallic grunts haunted him than the crippling shadows that devoured him.

Sigh.

However, he had no choice but to stay still, crouch at one corner, and await for his death. None could ever knew that in his young age, he had such thoughts. Yet, he was always alone, so how could they know?

Swaa~

Light shone through the narrow window of his cell, hearing the metal bars moved open.

This young boy of wounds and bruises would rather face the gleam of death than be touched by disgusting hands that tortured him until he submitted to them.

Growl.

Growling in hatred was the language he knew how to spoke of for that was how the rotten society of the underworld had taught him.

He was young, yet he was not once naive of the thought that humans were nothing less to a Dark Magi like him—terrifying and evil.

Grrr...

As the palm of a man approached his face, he used his newly developed fangs and bit the man's hand.

"GAH!" He yelled in pain, shaking his hand to shook off the squirming boy. "GET THIS THING OFF OF ME!" he ordered, however, no one dared to approach the young boy with eyes that glared death.

Gulp.

Behind the man's back were armored soldiers, trembling and wetting their pants as they could barely lift their spears. Soon, the man's skin shed blood which made him hiss in pain as he grabbed the boy on the collar. Without showing mercy, he threw the boy on the wall and beat him using his feet.

HAH!

"YOU STUPID DARK MAGI!" he roared like the thunders outside the dark woods, kicking his boots to the bruised boy.

Pain was no longer felt by the boy as if he got numb to emotions. He stared at the quivering soldiers with his lifeless eyes, silently whimpering as his eyes fell to close.

Shut!

As the metal bars clanged closed, the man grumbled underneath his breath as the soldiers were sent to guillotine. Indeed, humankind was a pitch dark shade than the shadows of the night.

Yet another day has passed, the young boy slowly got up with a new found agenda in mind; seeking revenge to the kin that tortured him. For once, he had the motivation to live.

His eyes were squinted, wiping the blood out his chin. Under the dim moonlight, he leaped up to reach the narrow window. He had an ounce of luck that he could fit through because of the flowing cat genes in his viens.

Swoosh.

He escaped and ran away as far as he could with only the feeling of hatred carved deep in his heart.