CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN
ECLIPSE

---*---
THE ZEN KINGDOM

-The Central Territory-
Black, long hair brushed against the wind as a young man ran in full speed, probably faster than any modern train in the continent. Dust particles were tailed behind him as the wind heed to his commands.

And in hiis mind kept calling her name 'Zandra,' gritting his teeth as dashed with the howling wind.

WHOOSH!

Without his thick garments, gloves, and a mask to cover his skin, he felt freedom as his energy kept increasing with the peak of his adrenaline. As his moving feet brushed through the valleys and meadows, he was clouded by his flashing memories of his childhood. It was a warm one that his heart could hear its own beat.

"Ethan, looks handsome!" she praised his new attire even when he was covered from head to toes.

"Ethan... Can you pat my head, please?" she had a jealous voice, seeing Ethan stroke the cat's white fur.

"Ethan, Ethan! I got flowers for you!" her beaming smile bloomed across the valley of flowers as she handed him a bouquet.

"ETHAN! YOU BETTER NOT HATE ME, Chu~" her soft lips were pressed on the fabric that divided them. How he wished that he shouldn't have born with a corrupted soul then he would embrace her without guilt.

Whoosh...

Visualizing her curving lips and moving hips as she baked pantries for him, he felt a stirring emotion that's so light and warm. He denied happiness and the blaze of the sun, fearing that he'll melt and be gone.

The cold breeze that touched his skin was nothing compared to the warmth he felt as the moon disappeared under the clouds. When he feared the sun and worshipped the shadows, he lately realized that he won't live without one.

"Big Sister, please let me name him! Pretty please..." her eyes blinked several times to pull out an adorable act as Councilor Hiraya trim the hair of the young boy that's now cleaned and properly dressed. "You'll let me name you, right?" she grabbed the boy's hand, putting it close to her chin as her eyes widened. Added with her pouting lips, the boy averted his gaze and nodded in defeat.

"Then, ETHAN!"

"Ethan Reyes goes well!"

After yelping his name, the girl pecked his cheek which caused the boy and the Councilor be stunned as the girl merely let a satisfied chuckle.

"Ethan and I will be together than ever and forever!"

The dancing wind moved the time when the boy grew to his teens, wearing thick garments from head to toes with a mask and gloves to cover his skin.

"I'm the burning fire and your the cold ice, happy huh?" the girl that also grew to her teens grumpily stomped her foot as the lad paused from walking away.

"... Precisely, that's why we could never be together! Because Zandra, you are the warm ice that could melt in my cold flames."

"Zandra, we are like fire and ice." he kept that to himself, knowing it was a foolish statement that might cause the teenage Zandra to hate him more. "You are the cure while I am the poison!"