CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER TWENTY
APRICITY

---*---
THE ZEN KINGDOM

-Rafiki's Academy-
Snowflakes gradually fell on the sacred grounds as a proper burial was made for the honorable deaths of Lady Astrix and her husband, the late Crown Prince Bernabe of the Western Kingdom.

Phew...

Bea's heart had inner peace, finally heaving out a relieved sigh as she paid her respect to her parents gravestone.

"Zandra?" Ethan came closer, cautiously placing his hand on her trembling shoulder. When she glanced at his dyed white hair, she refrained her smiling lips to curve.

Pfft.

Nevertheless, she could not help it. Her small giggle naturally escaped her lips as Ethan stared at her, daze by her flowing red hair and shining eyes. It suited her the most when she's laughing without worries. Even in the early season of winter, her radiant beam never lost the shine.

"Wanna eat?" she grinned, grabbing Ethan's wrist without being concerned about him pushing her away. "Hurry up!" she chuckled, commanding the Supremo.

He let her fingers touched his skin, feeling her warmth. As the winter season began to flow in the Central Kingdom, the nobles also started to search for their new monarch.

Haiz...

Within the Great Master's Wing, Assistant Rei organized his report papers while recalling the hectic day behind them.

Starting from the Northern Kingdom, Queen Layla Hart created a resolution to the underground dungeon with the experimental laboratory to cease their operation. The culprit behind all of that disgusting deeds was thrown into bars as the experimented creatures were saved into habilitation in the Eastern Kingdom.

The Northern Kingdom vowed to clean their acts for the Queen held accountable for her citizens' misdeeds. After all, the culprit was a subordinate of her father, the late King of brutality.

Meanwhile, the Western Kingdom's Union had been contacting Rafiki's Academy to reclaim their lost princess. Similarly to the Central Kingdom, majority of the nobles wanted Lady Beatrix to lead their kingdom instead of the current king that's nearly to be dethroned due his shameful actions.

Being burdened by the sudden pressure around her, Bea respectfully declined their offer for she thought that she's still not ready to lead an entire country all by herself. The cape of a fine fabric with a soft fur on its shoulders seemed heavy as the crown that had sapphires appeared deadly.

It was an honor yet Bea knew that the authority she will claim will make her lift countless responsibilities. Holding her position between the Queen of the Zen Kingdom and the Queen of the Western Kingdom, Bea leisurely sat on a couch with the Great Master, the Head Councilors, and her called friend.

When Ethan entered the room with Assistant Rei, the atmosphere slowly shifted that Bea sweat profusely.

"Ahem!" she cleared her throat, putting the cup of tea on the table in front of them as they were circled, probably appearing as an open forum. "I believe everyone has something to confess," she perked up, smiling that terrified the rest of them.