CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
NAMING, COUNTING LIES

---*---
THE ZEN KINGDOM

-Rafiki's Academy-
Rafiki's Academy was under the verge of a panicking state after Councilor Talon felt a strange energy entering within the perimeters of the Great Master's Wing. He rushed to Bea's room, wishing that the person with an immense energy have not taken her as captive.

An energy as strong as what had entered their perimeters, which even the weakest Ability Learners felt of, was already a threat to their secluded academy.

'Great Master... The academy is in danger,' he clenched his lips, marching the halls for he had no Ability for teleportation.

With the Great Master's disappearance, the Rafiki's Academy had no protector that outsiders can easily slip through their security systems. Well, even with the Great Master's presence, their academy already had low protective barriers to prevent their enemies from coming near them. It was probably because of his old age that he was no longer the strongest in the Zen Kingdom—and that was another secret he held shut to his granddaughter.

"Phew..." at first Councilor Talon was relieved to see the lights reflecting on the white tiles. But when he checked his wristwatch, he realized that it's passed her bedtime. Knowing the girl they kept calling Trix, she will sleep early for tomorrow's hassle work.

Knock.

Knock.

"Trix..." he called through the door after two knocks, having his brows met. "Are you asleep?"

Creak...

As the door creaked open in a slow manner with revolting nerves, seeing the pillows and bedsheet scattered around the floor.

"Trix?" his heart began to thump loudly, making him gulp his nervous saliva as he slowly entered her chamber.

Scratch.

As his feet felt a piece of paper beneath his sandals, he bend his upper body to pick it up, wondering what was it.

Upon seeing the wrinkled and messy writings on that piece of paper, his eyes were instantly widened as he recognized the knowing fear of losing that child.

'HELP' was written in a rushed manner, causing Councilor Talon to fled on the scene as shuddering fear enveloped him.

Huff...

Ha!

Halls after halls, his body swayed as his heart could not regulate the beat. He wanted to be calm like Councilor Hiraya, or be rational like Councilor Tala, but when it comes to Bea's safety, he preferred taking immediate action.

As the racing anxiety of Councilor Talon hovered above his subconscious state, the other Head Councilors were in a room with Assistant Rei holding report papers.

DUN!

"TRIX WAS ABDUCTED!" as the doors flew open, the Head Councilors with Assistant Rei heard it well. As his voice echoed in the room, their complexion could not be more worse.

"G-Gather troops," Councilor Hiraya spoke, staggering as she supported her body near a table. "The Bryant."

"I'll... hold security," gulped Councilor Tala, trying to maintain his rationality after hearing that their hidden girl was abducted by an unknown person.

Shriek!

Rei, gripping on his report papers, yelped. "Should we tell Supremo Ethan?"

"Tell me what?" hearing his stern intonation, the Councilors just wanted to faint in sight due to the stress they have constantly received the past weeks. He moved towards them, reading their pale expression.