Chapter 21

Bugz
1994
Marshall's POV

Adina and I have been foolin around a shit ton lately... I swear to god, everytime she comes to Deshaun's we find a way to do somethin privately and it's been so fuckin' fun....

And even though we ain't together she'll buy me little gifts every now and then and vice versa... I feel like I'm getting a different side of Adina.

She seemed like she'd be a lil more rude and have hella attitude...especially towards me.

But these past few weeks has been so damn different with her.

When we're around people she'll show small gestures of affection, like playin wit my hair, if I ask for somethin' she'll go and be the first one to get it for me immediately, she even lets me win in Mortal Kombat sometimes now.

I been wantin' to tell this girl how I really feel but everytime I try, I get too nervous or I get cut off or interrupted by someone or something just like how Bugz did me when Adina and I was in the kitchen that one time.

I wanna let her know ion wanna play around no more.... I think I love this girl, yo...No joke... not just because of what we've been doing... I've been feelin' this way about her before we even did anything...and I knew I did but I just tried to brush it off cause it scared the shit outta me.

Fallin' for a girl like that so damn quick?...that ain't somethin' I'll usually do. Usually I'll just use them and go to the next one but Adina?... I wanna be able to call her my girl, I wanna take her out on dates, I wanna kiss her in public... I want the whole world to know she's mine but I can't bring myself to tell her that.

I'm just afraid... I don't know what of... maybe rejection? You know, ion wanna scare her away. Ion wanna lose her again.

And about Deshuan and Adina's father... I know Deshaun wouldn't be happy about this shit... Adina is like blood to him. And her father don't like me at all! He'd go bat shit crazy.

The reason I've been at Deshaun's so much is because Adina is here first off... but secondly, I got fuckin' evicted, yo.

This new job I'm workin at... I'm workin' at a machine factory but these mothafuckas don't pay up to what I work for... and shit gets real tight.

So I gotta stay at Deshaun's again... I absolutely refuse to go back to my moms or Kim's.

But I guess it paid off cause now I have an excuse to be at Deshaun's house and around Adina a lot more.

"What yall want from the store?" Deshaun asks as him, Bugz and Rufus make their way to the front door and Adina and I keep our eyes on the TV show.

"I'm straight." I shake my head.

"Yeah, I'm aight too." Adina shrugs.

"Yall sure?"

"Yea." Me and Adina respond in unison.

"Aight then...don't be askin' for shit when we come back." Rufus jerks his neck.

"We don't like them nasty ass Fritos you be munchin' on anyway, Rufus. Get ya fat ass on outta here." Adina jokes.

"Bitch, I'll sit on you."

Adina makes a worried face. "Please don't, please don't." She pleads jokingly makin' us laugh.

"Fuck yo-"

"Aight, aighttt, yall. Come the fuck on before the snow get too bad...it's cold as shit, yo." Deshaun and the rest of the boys walk out of the house as Rufus flashes a middle finger at Adina and she does the same to him.