Chapter 3: Murder with a side of coffee (Daily life)

(Hihii~! Author here again, we haven't seen each other since Chapter 1! I just wanna say this entire chapter will be in 3rd person rather than V's perspective. Mostly cuz I wanna try something a little different, see if it's better or worse. Back to your regular scheduled killing game!)

~~~

*DING DONG, BING BONG*

Monokuma: Good morning, everyone! It is now 7AM and night time is officially over! Time to rise and shine!

V shot up almost instantly and glanced all over her room. She'd been awoken from a night terror at the mercy of Monokuma of all people. Sweat started to drip onto her paper white bed, turning it into that horrible greyscale colour as it wets the covers.

Johnny: Wow, V! You seen better days that's for sure.

V: Ugh...it's like...every morning after a trial I wake up from the worst night of sleep ever.

Johnny: Yeah well can't say I relate.

V: You were absent the whole trial. Why's that?

Johnny: What, want me to chime in with your new choombas? "Hey guys, I think this person's killed this person cuz their pupils are dilated by 30%". Fuck no.

V: That an actual way to tell if someone feels guilty?

Johnny: 'Course not- what do you think? I look like a fuckin' detective to you?

V: Just askin'.

Johnny: Well it was a dumb fucking question.

V: Righttt...

V got out of her bed eventually, walking into the bathroom and taking a shower to get the sweat off of her and get ready for the day.

V: Hey, you think Ren's gonna be ok?

Johnny: Eh, so what if he isn't. More work for us. Actually on second thought...

V: Mhm.

Johnny: I mean look, his best friend died, if I died you'd be mourning for weeks!

V: Uh huh. Sure.

Johnny: We not chooms, V? You hurt my soul. Oh wait sorry, Arasaka stole it, my soul's in your head right now, so this is as close to a man you're ever gonna get.

V: I have a girlfriend Johnny.

Johnny: Oh what that Mox Chick? Yeah she's nice I'll give you that, bangs pretty good too.

V: Cheers.

Johnny: You think she's alright?

V: Judy can hold her own, she's the best BD Editor in Night City and a Mox. She'll be fine.

Johnny: And that motive video?

V: Praying it's a fuckin' fake that Monokuma made. Otherwise I'm out on a mission to zero the fucker behind all this.

Johnny: Never took you for the religious type. Those goons in Pacifica rub off on ya?

V: Funny.

Finishing the conversation, V got out the shower, cleaned her teeth, brushed her hair and all that. Putting some clothes on, she walked out of her dorm to head on over to the cafeteria. However whilst she was on her way...

Ren: V. Good morning.

V: O-oh Ren! Hey choom, how you holding up?

Ren: Been better. But if I sit in despair the whole time I'll give Monokuma what he wants. I won't allow that.

The Ultimate Leader clenches his fist in determination.

V: That's good to hear man.

Ren: I wanna apologise for my outbursts though...of course, I plan to do so with everyone at the cafeteria.