Chapter 3: Murder with a side of coffee (Deadly life)

Nobody in that room wanted to believe what they were looking at. One person was too many to begin with, but this time, the culprit had murdered two people in cold blood. And it could've been any one of the now 10 remaining students.

V: VELVET!!

V instantly rushed to Velvet's lifeless body and held her up.

V: You're strong! You aren't really dead! You're gonna get revenge on your brother right!? Cmon!!

Ren: V...

V: Velvet...FUCK!!

She slams her fist on the roundabout before storming out of the room to calm herself down. The others all came rushing over to the playground.

Len: W-what happened!? 2 people died!? Who!?

Arthur: V are you ok? You're tearin' up-- *cough cough*

V: I'm fine...I just need a moment...you guys can go see who died...

They do exactly that and gasp in horror.

Jotaro: What!?

Jolyne: T-two!? And THEM OF ALL PEOPLE!?

Arthur: I can't even get the words out to describe what I'm feelin'.

Len: Ngh...damn it...

Magilou: ...

V walks back into the room, taking a glance at the crime scene again, before looking away.

Johnny: I'll leave you alone for this one. Even I know when to give people some space.

V: (Thanks, Johnny.)

Magilou: Ahh...that's a shame~ looks like she couldn't see her story through to the end~

V: What...?

Magilou kneels down over Velvet's dead body.

Magilou: My poor, poor assistant~ all that effort you went through to get to your endpoint...only to die now~?

V: ...

V walks up to Magilou and just before she can punch her, the Witch stands up and clenches her fist.

Magilou: That's too bad...too bad Velvet. But don't worry. I'm not one to finish a fun story early. I'll help you out just this once~!

V: M-Magilou...what're you--

Magilou: V. I know nothing about what's happened here. The past two cases I knew, this time I don't. You're gonna be my partner for this investigation.

V: Huh!? Why should I-

Magilou: Because I trust you.

She looks the mercenary dead in the eyes with a flat expression.

V: Magilou...you're hurting, just like all of us aren't you?

Magilou: Hurting~? Of course I am! I'm human, I've still got emotions~

V: Heh, right.

Gura: H-hey! I'm back with Maddy!

Madeline: W-who die--

Maddy covers her mouth and looks at Velvet and Peach's dead body in absolute horror.

Madeline: Vel...vet...?

She collapses to her knees.

Len: H-hey, Maddy! It's alright, come with me. 

Len helps Maddy to her feet and gives her a big hug.

Len: Hey, I'm declaring Maddy out of commission for this investigation! I'll take her to the cafe and look after her until it's time for the trial. That sound good?