Chapter 39

(Ariana's POV)

Lexi's out with Nash. I am so tired and hurt. I sit on the couch when there's a knock on the door.

I walk over and see Hayes through the window. He knocks again.

"Ariana please open."

I sigh and open the door slightly.

"What?" I say a big rudely.

"I want to talk. Please." He says sounding sad and serious.

"Fine." I say opening the door. He sits on the couch. I sit down beside him and cross my legs.

"I'm sorry." He says after a long time.

I nod.

"Listen, I wanted them to lay off so I just made something up. I didn't want to to get hurt."

"You really think that's what this is about? This one little punch out? Cause if you do you must be really stupid."

"No. I don't think that. I just,"

"You just what Hayes?" I say cutting him off. "You did this. U made me into this monster from day one! This is all your fault. The beat ups and depression, my suicide attempts. It's all you." I say letting every price of anger and sadness out.

Hayes puts his head in his hands and I can tell he's crying. He lifts his head up to look at me. "I know. And there isn't enough time in my entire life to tell you how goddamn sorry I am. I get it, I am a terrible person and I did unforgivable things, but I still love you even if u don't love me."

I look at him and nod. I scoot closer to him and give him a hug.

(Hayes's POV)

I leave after she hugs me feeling a little better. I won't ever forgive myself. I get home and sit in my room thinking of her. How lucky I was to have her in my life and then throwing it all away. Damn I hate myself.

I will give up my fame to prove to her how sorry I am. My phone goes off on my bed. I walk over to it and see it's a text from Ariana. I open it and freeze.

-Goodbye.

I drop my phone and bolt to her house. I ring the doorbell and after no one answers, I run in and up to her room. I stop and fall to my knees. I cover my mouth and start balling.

Ariana is hanging in her closet dead.