Chapter 34

(Ariana's POV)

Last night was the stupidest thing ever. I am such a whimp!! I'm more mad at myself than I am at Hayes. Whatever, I don't care. It's 6 am and I'm nervous as fuck. I don't want to go back to school.

I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and dry and straighten my hair. By the time I'm done it almost 7. I go downstairs and eat a snack bar. My usual school breakfast. Nash walks in yawning.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey."

"When did you get up?" He asks.

"6."

"When did you fall asleep?"

"Only 4 ish." I say.

"4?" He asks surprised.

"Ish." I add. He rolls his eyes and laughs.

"You excited?" He asks.

"Not really."

"That was a dumb question." He says chuckling. "Hey, um, just so you know, if Hayes bothers you, or any of his friends, I'll deal with them. I know what you've been going through so I just want to make sure everything will be okay."

"Oh. Yeah of course." I say smiling. "I better go get ready."

"Yeah." He says smiling. I walk upstairs and get dressed. I put on my red flannel shirt and black leggings. I put some makeup on and brush my teeth.

I sit down on the couch and stare at the clock counting down the minutes until school.

<<<>>>

"Welcome back! I hope everyone is well and rested. We have a lot of work to do so I hope you guys are prepared." my teacher begins.

** after class

"Hey." I say walking up to haily.

"Hey! Oh my freaking god, it's been so fucking long." She says laughing.

"I agree." We start to walk toward the cafeteria.

We sit at our usual table. It feels good to see her. I've missed her. We talk about a bunch of random stuff for a while.

"Hey losers." Someone says. I tense up. It's one of Hayes's friends. "Well, you both look more pathetic than the last time I saw you."

"Go fuck yourself." Haily says. She gets up and drags me away with her.

"Hey." Someone says. I turn around and see Hayes.

"Hi." I say.

"You okay?"

"Oh, yeah. We are just going so bye." I say following haily out of the cafeteria.

(Hayes's POV)

That was weird. I walk over to my usual table with a bunch of my friends.

"What's up with Ariana?" I ask.

"Oh, mark just told her and her friend that they were losers." Jay says laughing. Him and mark fist bump.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Why?" Jay asks standing up.

"I was just gonna say that's pathetic."

He looks at me weird for a second and then laugh. "That's my man!"

I didn't know what to say. They don't know about Ariana and I. It could ruin my rep. As long as they don't hurt her.

"So dude, usual beat up spot?" Mark asks.

"What?"

"You know, for Ariana. I'm kinda stressed out so I need to hit something." He says.

"What? No. No usual beat up spot." I say quickly.

"Yo dude, what's up with you?" He asks.

"Nothing. I just think we can do better."

"You have one minute." He says.

"How about we ignore her for a while. Just leave her alone so she tho is we're done with her. then,"

"Then we go full force." He says.

"What, I mean yeah." I say.

"I like it, but I don't know. I like just getting it all out." He says.

"I like my idea." I say. He rolls his eyes and walks away. Okay. I'm officially worried.

(Ariana's POV)

*end of the day*

I walk outside towards the bus. I stop in my tracks. This is usually where i get beaten up. I look around. And see a bunch of kids. I start to walk faster towards the bus.

I feel my bag being ripped from my shoulders. I turn around. Of course. It's Hayes's old friends. My muscles tense.

"Hey Ariana." Mark says with a smirk.

"Give me my bag back." I say calmly.

"Yeah give her, her bag back mark." Caroline says appearing behind him.

He looks at her and a smile grows across his face. He turns back to me and throws my bag, filled with binders and text books, right into my gut. It hits me hard and I stumble backwards.

"Nice shot." Caroline says smirking. I don't know what to do.

"Hayes has this brilliant plan to make you think we have gotten over you and then start again, but where's the fun in that?" Mark says kneeling beside me.

"Get away from me." I say. At this point there are a bunch of kids surrounding us.

"No one's here to protect you now." He says with a large grin growing across his face. "I've always been back up. While Hayes beat you up, I was just there to help. I want to try being the leader for a change."

I look at him with anger certainly showing in my eyes. "You're a disgusting person." I say.

"Bitch." He yells and slaps me in the face. Caroline come over and punches me right in the jaw. Mark lifts me up so I'm standing and then pushes me. I fly backwards and hit my head on the ground. My shirt rips and I have a scrapped elbow.

"You are so pathetic." Caroline says. She kicks my stomach and spits on my face.

"Just kill yourself. No one would care." Mark says, punching my face again and kicking my gut.

All his friends start laughing and screaming names at me.

"You slut!" Caroline yells. "Hayes doesn't like you!"

I don't even notice that I'm crying.

"Please, stop." I say curling into a ball on the sidewalk.

"Awh. She's begging." Caroline says with a huge smirk. "Beg."

I rest my head on the ground and everyone begins to hit and punch and kick me again.

"Stop!" I here someone say. And then all I see is black.

- hey guys. It's been so long. Thanks for over 4k readers. I tried to do this chapter a bit better. It probably still sucks but whatever. Thanks for reading 😘
~ xoxo Ariana