Chapter 28

I am really upset with Hayes. Nash basically mentally beat him up but I'm still pretty mad. I don't know why Caroline always shows up to ruin things. Just this morning, she texted Hayes saying she'd be here for the New Years party. I will honestly kill myself if she does something not needed. Like kissing Hayes.

I've been avoiding him all day. I've been hanging out with Samantha and Martina. Martina brought along her friend Jessica as well. We spoke about last night a lot. They knew I was pissed so they didn't really talk about Hayes.

After a bit, they had to leave.

"Ariana?" Nash yells from downstairs.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come here for a second?" He asks. I sigh and get out of the room.

"Coming." I say beginning to make my way down the stairs.

"Have you spoken to Hayes?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

"Can we not talk about this? Please." I say.

"No, he was worried."

"He was worried? Him?" I say confused. "I don't want to talk about this."

"Ariana," Nash says.

"What?"

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm okay." I say making my way up the stairs. I almost gaged saying those words. I quickly walk into the bathroom and begin to look for my blade. I found it and lifted my sleeve up revealing scars and scratches. I place it a couple centimetres on top.

Wait, Hayes told me not to. To come to him. I think to myself. But I'm doing this to distract myself from Hayes. I sit in the same position for about 10 minutes just thinking. I wasn't even paying attention.

I look down and see that I had cut my wrist.

"Shit." I mumble in panic. I'm going insane. How could I not know I was doing this? I clean my blade and put it away then I try to rinse off the blood. It wouldn't stop though. It kept coming. I start to cry in frustration. If anyone sees this they will freak.

I look through the cabinets to see if they had any band aids and just to my luck, there's nothing. I curse under my breath. I roll down my sweater sleeve and look at myself in the mirror.

I start to cry again. My wrists are stinging. I uncover them and blow lightly on them. I cover them up again and open the door.

I gasp and slam the door again. Hayes is standing right outside. He's resting on the wall.

There's a knock on the door.

"Ariana, let me in." He says.

"No. I'm fine I'm just fixing my makeup." I say with a shaky breath.

"Ariana, open the door. Or I'm gonna pick the lock and come in myself. Your call." He says softly.

I sit in the tub. Trying to see if he'd leave. Then I hear small clicking noises. He wasn't kidding. He's actually picking the lock. The door opens and he steps in side. I sit up and try to get around him. He grabs my wrist.

"Ow, ow, Hayes. Your hurting me." I say wincing from the pain. He loosens his grip. He turns so he's right in front of me.

"You lied to me." He says.

"About what?" I ask. I know exactly what he's talking about.

"You never came to me. You've been ignoring me the whole day." He says. I shrug.

"Are you still mad at me for yesterday?" He asks looking at his shoes.

"A bit." I say lying.

He nods. He takes my hand and brings me to his room.

"How much do you hate Caroline?" He asks.

"I don't know. A lot." I say. He frowns. Why is he frowning?

"Why?" He asks.

"Why do you care?"

"Just curious." He says not making any eye contact. That's weird.

"Okay." I say beginning to exit the room.

"Wait. Where are you going?" He asks.

"Downstairs. Where Lexi is. I need to talk to her." I say slowly.

"Why? Why can't you stay up here?" He says sounding angry.

"Why can't I go downstairs?"

"Because," he says.

"Because what?!" I ask getting annoyed. I see a tear slip down his cheek.

"Because," he sighs. "I need you right now. Like, right now." He says. Tears are falling down his cheeks and he tries to wipe them away.

I look away. I can't see him like this. I turn around and close the door. I walk over to him and sit beside him on his bed. He turns to face me and puts his head into my shoulder and starts sobbing. I hug him tightly. I can't be mad at him. Especially now.

"I'm s-so s-sorry." He says.

"Shh, it's okay." I say rubbing his back.

"No. I-it's not." He says continuing to sob.

"Hayes, look at me." I say. He lifts his head to look at me. His eyes are red and puffy. "What set you off?"

"You, in the bathroom. I'm not an idiot Ariana. I know what you were doing." He says.

"I know. I'm sorry." I say.

"You said you'd come to me."

"I know. I wasn't even thinking. I was trying to figure out what to do, and then the next moment I'm trying to stop the bleeding of my cuts. I don't know." I say biting my lip.

He pulls me into a hug.

"I love you." He says. I can feel my face getting hot.

"I love you too."

-hey guys!! So I'm on Christmas break now so I will be updating a lot. I hope you liked this chapter. Love u all!

~ xoxo Ariana👌✌️