Chapter 27

***

It's finally here! Christmas! I am actually really excited. Nash and Lexi are back and we are throwing a huge party. Everyone is gonna be here. Including, unfortunately, Caroline. I haven't really seen her in a long time but she texted Hayes making sure he knew she'd be coming.

I am getting the house set up with Lexi. The boys are getting all the snacks and Elizabeth is cooking all the food.

After about 3 hours, we finish. Everyone begins to get ready. I take a quick shower and gather my outfit. I dry my hair and curl it. Then I put on my clothes. I'm wearing a tight black quarter sleeve shirt and a sparkly salmon skirt.

I walk down stairs and see Hayes sitting on the couch. Of course on his phone.

"Hey." I say.

He looks up and a big smile appears on his face. "Hey. You look beautiful." He says. I blush and sit down next to him.

"Here." He says handing me a box.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Your Christmas present. It'll look great with your outfit." He says. I smile and open the box. It's a gorgeous necklace with a heart charm. It has diamonds around the edges. I gasp.

"Oh my god!" I say. "This is insane."

"No. You are my girl. You deserve this." He says. He takes it from my hands and puts it around my neck. "There. Now you look perfect."

I blush.

The doorbell rings. Hayes gets up and walks over to answer it. I stand up and fix my skirt.

A group of people walk in. Followed by more and more. Nash and Lexi run down and start hugging everyone. Hayes come over to where I'm standing. There's a girl walking beside him.

"Ariana, this is Samantha." He says. "She's an old friend of mine."

"Hi." She says smiling.

"Hi." I say.

"I'll let you guys talk for a bit." He says and walks away.

"You and Hayes?" She asks. I nod. "I'm not surprised. Your gorgeous."

"Thank you. You are unbelievably pretty as well." I say.

"Thanks."

We hang out for a while. The music begins to beam through the house. Everyone is laughing and smiling.

I get introduced to a lot of people. They are all so nice. Haily comes surprisingly and I hang with her for a while.

It's about 11:30. I try to find Hayes but I can't. He's no where. I spot Nash and walk over to him.

"Nash, have you seen Hayes?" I ask.

"Ariana, just hang out with your other friends." He says with an unsure voice.

"Where is he Nash?" I say a bit more angrily now.

"One second guys." Nash says to his group. He grabs my hand and brings me to another room where no one else is.

"Okay, please don't get angry. It's probably a misunderstanding. Just listen." He says.

"Okay." I say looking him in the eye.

He takes a deep breath. "Okay, I saw Hayes walking out with Caroline. They were holding hands. They are outside in the backyard. Please don't storm out." He says quickly. I look at my feet and then sit down on the couch behind me.

"Listen, Ariana it could all be a misunderstanding. Maybe she grabbed his hand. Or Hayes pulled her outside to tell her to back off." He says.

"I know." I say. I stand back up. "I'm gonna go find Hayes."

"Do you want me to come?" He asks. I nod.

We walk outside together. I look around the yard and then gasp. Hayes and Caroline are kissing. Nash gasps as well. My eyes fill with tears. After everything that has happened, he goes and does this.

Nash grabs me by the waist and lifts me up. He turns me around and starts walking. I start to cry and try to get out of his grasp.

"Shh. Ariana. It's okay. Shh." Nash says.

He puts me down. I look over his shoulder and see that Caroline is away from Hayes. He looks angry.

"Ariana, what are you looking at?" He asks. He turns around and his jaw drops. "Okay then," he says.

My eyes widen and I turn around. I don't want him to see me. I turn around to see Nash walking over to them. Dammit.

"What the hell!" Nash yells.

"Dude, she fucking kissed me!" Hayes yelled. Caroline smirks.

"Yeah I know. We all saw you." Nash says. Pointing to the group forming around them. "Including her." He says pointing at me. Hayes's face turns scared and he looks over at me.

I just stare at him blankly. I walk over to Nash.

"Ariana, it's not what it looks like." Hayes says.

"I hope not." I say. He nods.

"Can I explain?" He asks. I nod and he pulls me away from the crowd.

He tells me that she wouldn't leave him alone and he kept telling her to stop but she wouldn't. Then she grabbed his hand and pulled him outside. He started to get mad at her and then when I came out side she kissed him. He said he pushed her off and gave her shit for kissing him.

"I swear that's what happened." He says.

"I believe you." I say.

"Thank god. I'm sorry." He says hugging me. We go back inside and continue the party. Nash kicked Caroline out though. I was happy. If he didn't, I would have.

-hey guys!! I am almost at 2k!! Im so happy! Thanks for everything!! Love u all!!

~xoxo Ariana😘