Chapter 33

(Hayes's POV)

*day before school*

"Okay, so are you guys excited to go back?" Nash asks. I give him a look of disgust. Ariana just laughs. "Okay, imma take that as a no."

"Yeah." I say.

"Dinner!" Mom yells. We head to the table and eat.

<<<>>>

"Ariana!" I yell.

"What?" She yells back.

"Have you seen my blue shirt?" I ask. She walk into my room and over to my desk. She picks up one if my black shirts and throws my blue one at me.

"Thank you." I say.

"No problem." She says heading out.

"Wait." I say. She turns around at the door. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She says smiling.

"Come here." I say. She nods and walks over to me.

"What are you gonna do about those?" I ask pointing to her cuts.

"In gonna put some makeup on them and wear a long sleeve shirt like I always did." She says. I nod.

"Hey are we okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't we be?" She asks.

"I dunno. I'm just wondering." I say.

"You're always wondering." She says.

"So?"

"I'm okay and you're making it really hard to move on." She says.

I stand up confused.

(Ariana's POV)

I don't know why I'm so angry at him. I feel bad but I don't. He stands up and looks at me.

"How am I making this hard to move on from?" He says.

"You just are. I'm trying to forget everything and you keep bringing it up." I say. He looks away.

"Ariana, I am trying to help you. I'm trying to be a good boyfriend. But if you truly don't want me like this I can change. Don't think for a second that I won't." He says. My eyes widen and suddenly I'm scared. Did he really just threaten to go back to how he was before?

"Oh my god. I-i didn't mean that." He says and groans. He runs his fingers through his hair.

"I'm gonna go now." I say with a shaky voice. I start to walk away. He grabs my wrist hard and pulls me towards him.

"Don't you dare leave." He say pushing past me to close the door and lock it. I start to shake. "I'm not gonna let you leave with that impression."

"Okay. It's okay, I didn't take it like that." I say taking a step back.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"It's okay." I say.

"No it's not." He say a little more loudly. He punches the wall and sighs loudly.

I bite my lip so I don't do anything stupid.

"Listen, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry okay. Is that enough?" He asks.

"I never needed you to say that." I say.

"Yes you did. You just won't admit it." He says walking towards me. i walk back whenever he takes a step until I hit the wall.

"Why are you scared of me?" He says quietly. I stay quiet. "I said why!" He says louder.

"Just stop! I can't deal with this." I say sliding down the wall. I sit in a ball and start to cry.

Hayes groans. "Ariana," he whines. "Don't cry."

"Why not? It's to hard for you not to laugh?" I say bitterly.

"No." He says sitting beside me. "Cause if you cry I'm gonna feel like shit."

I lift my head and look in the opposite direction from where he's sitting.

"Please don't be afraid of me." He says.

"Why not?" I ask looking at him.

"Cause I'm not a bad person. And I can't stand the fact of you thinking I am. Or being scared that I'm gonna go back to how I was before. Or being scared that I'm gonna," he says stopping mid sentence.

"You're gonna what?" I ask.

"Or being scared that I'm gonna hurt you." He says.

"Oh." I say.

"Yeah." He says. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Don't worry." I say.

"Our relationship has way to much drama." He says smiling.

"Yeh." I say agreeing.

-hey guys... So this chapter sucks. I'm gonna do some more and do a better job next time.