Chapter 32

(Ariana's POV)

"Dude what the hell?!" Hayes yells.

"What?" I ask.

"You're so freaking weird." He says.

"I literally just walked past you." I say rolling my eyes. I start to walk away.

"Hey!" He yells and grabs my arm. "Don't walk away from me." He says angrily.

"Why not?" I ask turning to face him.

"Because. It's disrespectful." He says. I scoff and start to walk again.

"Hey Ariana!" One of his friends yell.

"What do you want?" I ask turning to look at him.

"We can see it you know." He says. I look at him confused and then he points to my arm. My scars are showing. Some that I did this morning as well.

I curse under my breath and pull my sweater down.

"Freak." He says.

"You're such an attention seeker." One of his girl friends says. I start to walk away again.

"Wait is that it?" Another one of his friends ask.

"Shut up." I say.

He rolls his eyes and grabs my wrist. He pulls up the sleeve revealing my marked arm.

"You're such an emo freak. Who the hell does this?" He says in an extremely cocky way.

A bunch of people laugh. Some point and whisper. I quickly pull down my sleeve. I look around and see Hayes's face.

He looks shocked. I walk towards the doors which unfortunately are his was. I push past him. He lightly hits a locker and sighs. I run home and cry. I cut my waist instead. Then at least no one will look there.

<<<>>>

I open my eyes and sit up trying to catch my breath. What the hell is going on with me?

"Oh my god." I mutter quietly. He was upset. If I had bumped him like that if he was his normal self he would have thrown me into a locker.

I look over at him. He's asleep. I look at my cuts and sigh.

It's only 3 in the morning so I have plenty of time. We have to go back to school in 4 days. So I'm definitely not looking forward to that.

What if Hayes leaves me again. What if he's to embarrassed to be seen with me? What if things go back to normal? Goddammit.

I curl into a ball and rest my head in my knees. "Shit." I mumble.

Hayes shifts and turns to face me. "Ariana? Are you okay?" He asks. I nod.

"I'm fine. Go back to sleep." I say. He sits up instead.

"What's wrong?" He asks turning the lamp on.

"Nothing. I just woke up." I say lying.

"You're lying." He says. "What's on your mind?"

"Its nothing." I say.

"You're lying again. Seriously Ariana." He says. I roll my eyes.

"I swear it's nothing." I say. He sighs.

"Ariana, I've known you basically my whole life, I know when you're lying." He says.

"How?" I ask.

"You either bite your lip, bite the inside of your cheek, turn red in the face, or rub your hands together." He says.

"Well then," I say.

"Now tell me, what's bothering you?" He says giving me his undivided attention.

"School." I say sighing.

"That's it? What's worrying you?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm worried you'll," I stop mid sentence.

"That I'll what? Go back to the way I was before?" He asks. I nod.

"I don't know, it's just a gut feeling of mine."

"I will never do that again." He says. I nod feeling a bit better. "Anything else?"

"No." I say.

"You're lying again. Why? Why can't you just tell me?" Hayes says soft yet almost angrily.

"I'm sorry." I say through my teeth.

"For what?" He asks.

"I never believed you when you said that you felt bad when you found out I cut and stuff. But I had a dream, one where I go back to one of those days. And one of your friends spotted my cuts and pointed it out. You looked really upset afterwards." I say.

"Oh." He says.

"Yeah."

"Ok, um. How bout we go back to sleep and talk about this another time." he says.

"Okay." I say. I lay down and Hayes pulls me to his chest.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too."