Chapter 7

(Ariana's POV)

we arrive at the fancy resteraunt and get seated. Hayes would not stop complimenting me. I didn't mind though. I thought it was cute. He was cute. Wait, did I just say that?

Never mind. We sit and our food comes to us. We didn't even order. Oh well.

We all begin to eat. It was really good.

"...And then I checked him right into the benches. It was awesome." I hear Nash say. Football. I love that sport.

"So anyway, you all look lovely tonight." Elizabeth says. "The dancing is going to start shortly."

"Wait, what kind of dancing is it?" Nash asks.

"Ballroom." She says. "you and Lexi will be partners, Hayes and Ariana will be together, and your dad and I will be partners. Done."

"Okay." He mumbles.

"Everybody on the dance floor." A man says. I guess it's time. Hayes holds out his hand and I take it. We all head onto the floor and get into ready position. The music starts and we begin to dance. It's awkward.

"This is awkward." I say.

"Yeah, a little bit." He chuckles.

After a couple of songs we got to just slow dance. I put my hands around his neck and he put his hands around my waist.

(Hayes's POV)

It was perfect. She was perfect. Maybe I should talk to her about our past. No, that's a bad idea. I'm such an idiot.

"Hayes?" she says.

"Yes."

"Can I ask you something."

"Of course. Anything."

"Erm... never mind."

"No, tell me." I say.

"I forgot. Honestly." She says. I roll my eyes and pull her into a hug. We stay like this for a bit. I loved it.

*2 hours later*

Finally! home.

Ariana and I head upstairs to my room so we can change she goes into my bathroom and comes out wearing roots track pants and I black crop top.

"Are those really your lazy clothes?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why?" she asks.

"No reason." I say. "So, do you want to watch a movie?"

"Yeah sure. You pick."

I pick out maleficent. I set it up on my tv and we sit against the wall behind my bed. She rests her head on my shoulder.

Why did I ever hurt her. She's so innocent. I take everything I've ever done to her back. I really care about her. Halfway into the movie I get tired and lay Ariana down and cuddle next to her.

She's so cute when she sleeps. I fall asleep quickly thinking of her.

-hey will be posting again. I hope you guys like the book so far. Thanks for reading. 😸

~ xoxo Ariana