23. Chocolate Pudding

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHOCOLATE PUDDING

About an hour later, everyone was sat around the big kiddie pool, now filled with water and salt. Eleven was lying on her back in the middle of the water, wearing science goggles with tape all over to block out any sort of light, Mike's radio stood on a tray as static was heard on an endless loop.

Everyone was silent, as if everyone was scared if they so much as breathed too heavily it would throw the girl off.

Kimmy was extremely worried about the girl, unsure if perhaps by doing this she may be harming herself? Kimmy wasn't sure, but it certainly couldn't have been good for her.

After about five or ten minutes, the lights in the gym began flickering on and off much more rapidly than they had done so in the Byers' home. Until suddenly, the lights remained off and the group were left in darkness, only just able to make out each other as well as Eleven.

"Barbara?" Eleven muttered after her deafening silence, just above a whisper.

Kimmy watched as Nancy instantly perked up, sitting up straighter as she shuffled closer to the small pool of water the small girl lay in.

Despite expecting the girl to elaborate on her point, she remained quiet for several more minutes, much to Nancy's impatience.

Eleven began to panic, that much was obvious. The girl was thrashing in the water and she was suddenly breathing very heavily, the lights back flickering once again.

"What's going on?" Nancy whispered, sounding just as scared as she looked.

"I don't know." Mike replied quickly, never looking to his sister as he spoke.

It was very evident to everyone in the room that Nancy grew increasingly worried, looking as if she could cry.

"Is Barb okay?" She asked desperately, turning her gaze back to Eleven. "Is she okay?"

Nancy's questioning came to an abrupt halt as Eleven began mumbling incoherently, the group all straining to hear.

It was only when the small girl got more and more upset that her voice grew, Kimmy stilling at what she heard.

"Gone." The small girl mumbled, sounding as if she was crying. "Gone."

Kimmy felt her eyes grow wide as a shiver ran down her spine, the brunette subconsciously moving her eyes over to the eldest Wheeler sibling.

Nancy now had an endless  amount of tears streaming down her cheeks, placing a hand to her mouth to muffle her cry's as to not draw attention to herself.

"It's okay, it's okay." Joyce Byers attempted to calm the now panicked girl laying in the kiddie pool, reaching out to grab her hand. "Hey, it's okay, we're right here, honey."

Eleven reached out to grab onto Joyce's arm, her rambles coming to an end as she seemingly took a shaky breath.

There was another lengthy silence, the girl began mumbling again.

"Castle Byers." The girl mumbled, much to Kimmy's confusion.

Although it was very clear his four friends knew exactly what she was talking about with the way they all looked to each other.

"Will?" Eleven whispered faintly, causing Mrs Byers to gasp as she sat up straighter, a look of hope flooding her features.

"You tell him... tell him I'm coming." Joyce Byers began to stutter desperately, her voice shaking with a mix of nerves and adrenaline.