34. Garbage Bags

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
GARBAGE BAGS

The next day, Kimmy was hardly able to stay awake. She had found it difficult to fall asleep last night, guilt eating away at her over what she had said to Aaron the day before.

All she had meant to do was try get her pent up feelings across, she hadn't meant to offend him. Aaron himself had told her she hadn't done anything wrong, but she had manage to convince herself he had been lying.

As always, she met Aaron in the parking lot so he could give her lunch. However the group were instructed to come to school even earlier than usual in hope to find Dart.

Aaron and Kimmy usually intended to meet a good five minutes before the rest of the group would be there, but had opted against doing so today seeing as they already had to arrive early. Kimmy didn't actually know why the two still met in the parking lot so he could give her lunch, everyone knew he made her lunch anyway.

Kimmy stood pulling anxiously on her sleeves as she waited for the boy to arrive, scared of what she would say to him.

She was only waiting for him about two minutes, but it had felt so much longer to the girl.

When Aaron did arrive, Steve's car came to a screeching halt, but it took Aaron a good minute to get out the car. It was clear that the two were arguing, in fact it looked as if they were full blown screaming at each other before Aaron left abruptly and slammed the car door shut angrily.

Aaron handed Kimmy her lunch, smiling to her as he did so but it was very obviously forced. "Hi-"

"I'm really sorry, Aaron," Kimmy began talking at a rapid pace before Aaron had even gotten a sentence out. "I don't know why I said all that yesterday, and I really don't want you to think I don't like you or Dustin or Lucas. I do! I feel awful that you could think other wise I could hardly sleep last night-"

"Kimmy, stop." Aaron put his hands up to get her to stop talking. "You don't have to say sorry, okay? I swear on my life that I don't think bad of you, I get why you were frustrated - I wouldn't want to stop being your friend just because you told me how you felt."

Kimmy took a deep breath, trying to ease her nerves. "You swear? You're not just saying that-"

"I swear I'm not just saying that." Aaron muttered, trying to send her a reassuring smile but failing due to pent up stress in result of his argument with his brother. "Stop stressing yourself out over it - I won't tell anyone what you said if that's what you're worried about."

Kimmy scrunched her nose as she thought about it, finally nodding as the two made their way into the school and around the back of the building.

"I don't even know why I said it." She blurted. And it was the truth, it was as if Max's words had almost triggered something in her and the words had just come from nowhere. "Just came from nowhere."

"Probably because you were frustrated." Aaron shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I mean, Mike had basically just told you that you weren't in the party - obviously you would be upset over it."

Kimmy nodded, glad she could let go of the embarrassment she held from her actions the day before. Happy Aaron had managed to reassure her.

She turned her head slightly to watch him, there was a frown on his face and something was obviously bothering him.

"Are you alright?" Kimmy dared to ask, not wanting to look like she was prying into his business.

"Yeah," Aaron answered quietly, just above a whisper as he snapped his head up to face her, surprise written all over his features. "Just my brother being a dick, nothing new. I'll get over it."