When Shadow Meets Flame

He wakes groggily, eyes crusty from unconsciousness, he looks around, he was in a smallish room, there was a lit lamp, an end table, a shelf stuffed full of monster paraphernalia; Vampire teeth, werewolf fur, manticore stingers, and various other spoils of war. "Where am I?" He sits up and starts to stand up, only to grunt from the pain in his back "Damn, those claws really sting, shit" "You should be sleeping, you oaf." Naomi walks in holding a bowl of green herbs. "Oh, so you're the one who saved me, thanks, I'll be on my way." He stands up, only to grimace in pain and sit back down, tears in his eyes. "You're going nowhere, you're hurt Caine, bad, that lycan got you good." She sets the bowl on the end table and sits down. "Get on your stomach, I have to change your bandages." He looks down and sees that he wasn't wearing a shirt, and there was indeed bandages wrapped around his torso. "Well, shit, how long was I out?" She answers him saying; "About three days." 

Caine sighs "Dammit" He turns on his back, looking back, and sees his current wrappings were seeped  with blood. "I'm warning you, this'll sting." She takes hold of the end and slowly starts to unwrap the bandages, bringing with it the caked on blood from his wound. He groans in pain as she takes the bandages off and she throws the bindings into a bowl he didn't notice earlier, already full of bloody wrappings. "How many times have you done this" She spreads the herbs into his wounds and he sighs a little in relief. "About twice a day, it's been dangerous, because there was a chance for the wounds to fester. Glad I found you, huh?" He chuckles "I'm glad indeed you did." He offers a smile and sighs as she treats his injury.

 She starts to wrap the gauze around him and smiles back, she then slaps him on the back and stands. "Rest, you need it." He groans from her hitting his back and lays down "Fine, fine, I'll rest." "Good." She walks out of the room and closes the door, he sighs and closes his eyes, slowly falling asleep.