Hidden Truths

He trudges up to her door, knocking a few times "Naomi? You home?" The door opens "What, Caine?" She grumbles at him. "Uh, nothing, really, I was just wanting to make sure everything was going ok" He smiles at her gently. "Everything is fine" She scowls, then sighs "You might as well come in for tea" She opens the door fully and walks into the kitchen. Grabbing a pot, then putting it on the embers of a fire that was burning not too long ago "So, how have your bounties been going?" Caine asks as he sits in the easy chair in the sitting room. "My bounties have been fine, I've been making plenty of money, and I'm helping the village out a lot, we've even started to put up some walls" She states all of this with a small, proud smile, and Caine smiles softly as well, seeing her happy. She looks over and sees his smile, she scowls again, and Caine chuckles "So, when are you gonna get rid of that chip on your shoulder?" He grins "I do not have a chip on my shoulder" She sighs "You'd probably act the same if you had to grow up with bandits who made you their personal slave" She looks up and sees his horrified expression "Nothing like that!" She exclaims, Caine nods "Ok, ok."

He stands and walks over to her, just as she was putting in the the leaves for the tea, she looks up at him, and sighs "I'm not looking for pity or anything like that, ok? I just don't want these people to live as I did, for these children to grow up as slaves." She shakes her head in disgust "It could be worse than what I grew up with, I wouldn't want that" She starts to rub her arm awkwardly as bad memories resurfaced. Caine sighs "Naomi, I'm going to ask a question, you're not going to like it." She looks at him again, wonder in her eyes. He takes a deep breath "Are you the rebellion leader?" She immediately jumps into action, grabbing the teapot and throwing at him. Not wasting a moment, she dives into a side room, grabbing her short swords as Caine rolls to the right to avoid the makeshift projectile. "Naomi!" He calls out from the couch he was hiding behind "Stop! I can help you!" "How Caine?! You know what the king does to traitors! I'll be dead within the week, if I'm lucky!" Caine slowly unsheathes his daggers "I can help you, but only if you let me" She growls, and drops the blades, after hearing the clatter on the floor, he sheathes his daggers and stands. He could feel the fury in her gaze as he stood "I'm listening, Grief."