Hell Has No Place For Me

His eyes shoot open, their color a dark piercing yellow, his skin color a mottled black, red, and orange, the skin flowing across his body like lava. He growls as he stands, his bones fixing themselves, crackling and splintering into place, the adrenaline running through his veins allowing him to ignore most of the pain. He looks up to the sky as he unfurls dark red wings, his tail flicking here and there, he grabs the object that had bound this side of him, his sword.

He takes to the air, his wings lifting him up effortlessly. He speeds up the side of the mountain, his face a mask of anger, bent on revenge for the attempt on his life. As he gracefully lands on the ground, his eyes snap to the small form, taking in her red hair, her lithe body, deep green eyes, and finally, a look of joy, mixed with horror, recognizing the creature for who he was. She gasps, and places her hands over her mouth in horror at her revelation, "C-Caine?" He growls at hearing his name and slowly marches toward her, his sword held loosely in his right hand "Caine, stop, don't you recognize me?!" He growls once more, stopping his approach, tipping his head, to the side, he drops his sword, and falls to the ground, gripping his head in agony, his wings start to fold back into him, his tail following suit, his molten skin returning to it's normal tone. All Naomi could do was watch as he writhed in extreme pain, when he stopped convulsing, he laid on the ground, deathly still.

She knelt down, next to him, cupping his cheek, gasping at how cold his skin was. "Caine, wake up, please, wake up." She started to sob quietly, placing her face into her hands "Please, w-wake up Caine. Ever since I ran into you at the bounty office, you always, interested me, and when I saved you, I became attracted to you, and when we came here, and I thought you had died, I realized, Grief, I loved you." Here she burst into tears, and she felt a hand clasp one of hers, she looked up, and saw Caine smiling gently at her "Heh, I could get used to waking up with you looking over me." She held back a choked sob "Caine, oh, Caine." She threw herself into his arms, crying loudly. He held her in his arms, "Shh, shh, don't worry, I'm here."