The fatal meet cute

It’s a regular morning at SRPT University. Serpe, the head of the school, is getting ready to meet a new teacher who’ll be starting today. He is very picky; he won’t just let anyone in.
Serpe has been waiting in his office for the guy to arrive for 5 minutes and 55 seconds already. He hasn’t even met him and he already doesn’t like him.
Finally, there is a knock on the door.

S: Come in
V: *opens door* Good morning, how are you today-
S: You’re late, do you have any idea-
V: You’re the one who’s supposed to show me around right?
S: … (Keep it together, father approved of him.) Yes, I will give you a brief tour, but make sure you aren’t late again, I am a very busy man.
V:  Ok let’s go ^^

As Serpe is showing him around, Vitch doesn’t seem to be paying much attention; instead he greets and smiles at everyone passing by. His intense personality is a stark contrast the atmosphere of the whole school.

S: (How did this guy end up here, are we sure this is a real teacher?? How will he control the class if he’s being so laid back?)
V:  So which one of these is my classroom?
S: (Nonegetout) First floor, class 14, you’re starting in 10 minutes, don’t be late.
V: Heh, most of the time I’m punctual, don’t worry.
S: Uhuh (I am worried.) *walks away* Good luck Mister Levitski.

And so Vitch goes about his teaching duties normally, and it’s a great success. Throughout the week, Serpe receives many a comment regarding Mr. Levitsky’s performance, all of which were positive. Students and teachers alike seem to be very fond of him and his teaching. The only one who appears to not like him still, is himself.
And this feeling is enhanced due to the fact that Vitch is once again late on Friday; apparently he was late to class. Not by a lot, but late nonetheless. Serpe does not tolerate repeated mistakes; he’s decided to confront Vitch about it. He finds him at the school entrance as he’s about to leave.

S: Mr. Levitsky!
V: Mr. Pirovano?  What’s the matter?
S: If you aren’t going to take this job seriously, you might as well leave while it’s still early.
V: I don’t understand.
S: I was informed you were late for class today by a whole 10 minutes. Such behavior is unacceptable, even more so if we consider you’ve done it twice. We won’t tolerate working with someone so unprofessional.
V: Your reaction is kind of cute *chuckles* principal. I’m sorry to have disappointed you, but you’ve misunderstood the situation. The reason why-
S: I don’t need excuses I need results. If you’re late again you’ll have to deal with me.
V: (I wanna deal with you alright.) It won’t happen again, boss. *wink* Privet.

Then Vitch walks away to his car leaving Serpe annoyed and frustrated. His plans of intimidating the new guy had failed. How can this guy make him so furious just by opening his mouth?

S: (I cannot believe that someone like him could gain such a reputation so quickly. I’m glad he isn’t making a fool out of our school, but he doesn’t represent it either. I hope I don’t have to tell him again.)

Meanwhile, Vitch is in his car, thinking back on the conversation.

V: Heh, what a fun guy to tease. He wants me to be on time? Well no! I’ll be early, see how he likes that. Can’t wait to see the look on his face.