"A Knight's Vow"

Rakesh (in his thoughts): Father, Mother, you told me to be adamant in protecting the thing precious to me, to be a knight protecting the beauty from harm. I feel like I have something that I would invest my honor and time protecting. This smile, this precious peace without any form of domination, this is heaven to me. I want to spend my life with my sister here while serving the Great God I met.

Saying that, he closes his eyes, remembering his cheerful and joyful moments with his family and recalling the backstab his father faced, causing the joyful family to face demise.

Rakesh (in a sad tone): Why didn't he come faster?

Saying that, he falls asleep with tears down his eyes, which seem like jewels reflecting moonlight and spreading light all over.

"I shall be the knight protecting this peace," says Rakesh.

.............................Next Day..............................

Rakesh: Good Morning.

《System Update available. Will you Update the system?

- Yes
- No》

Rakesh clicks Yes without thinking for a moment.

《System Updating........》

"Uff, the headache." Saying that, Rakesh feels nauseous and falls to his knees due to pain.

《System Has Updated.》

Status bar----------Follower system.

New function:
1. Task system activated.
2. Sign-in feature Changed to piety payback.》

《Note:
Hidden task activated: Great God of Peace and Prosperity has freed this beautiful village and its inhabitants. The ignorant are still unknown about the great God.》

《Task: Spread The Gospel and Greatness of God Of Peace and Prosperity.

Task Reward: A unique reward will be rewarded to you once the task is completed.》

"Well, I would have done so regardless, as I have to develop this town to ensure the well-being of the door. And I think it's for the best as I have promised to protect this peace which I believe only he could ensure," says Rakesh as he starts contemplating how to ensure everyone believes in The great God and his Greatness.

"Sigh! Thinking for so long, I can't come up with an ingenious way to ensure Task completion without any ruckus," says Rakesh when all of a sudden a system prompt wakes him up from his deep thought.

Ding! Ding!

You are a fanatic believer with Bronze 4th (Intermediate warrior) Rank who is ready to risk his life to ensure peace and prosperity to this world and would never have second thoughts on following the command of Great God. Your piety and faith have moved the Great God.

Starting Piety Payback for the day......

You get:
1. Improvement in fire affinity.
2. Consolidating the cultivation.
3. 5kg Wolferine meat of premium quality.

Do you accept the gift of Great God?

- Yes
- No》

"Yes," says Rakesh.

Congrats on getting........

Hearing this voice, Rakesh gets startled. "Well, I meant to say Yes, I now have the solution. But it's okay regardless," says Rakesh in his thoughts. Since The system is named 'Follower System,' that means every follower should have access to this system, which means everyone could get help from the Great God once a day, and the greater the piety and faith, the greater shall be the reward without any discrimination and inequality on any other basis. This is the perfect artifact of faith.

Thinking of it, Rakesh uses the Authority of Baron (Red Flare) the next day to call upon a meeting involving the presence of every member of the village. This is a rare authority used only at extreme times.

Seeing such a rare occasion, all villagers seem uneasy, as every meeting with Royalty is uneventful to common people and might even be a grieving moment for them. But regardless, they all gather around in front of the mansion in the fields full of green grasses and surrounded by beautiful flowers and herbs, giving a beautiful fragrance. But still, nobody dared to roam around the garden, let alone pluck those graceful flowers which seem to come straight from heaven with gutted drops of water in their petals. The scene was truly heavenly, but at the same time, a strange tension seemed to loom among the common people. Such contrasting characteristics are truly a sight to see.

"The same tension, the same fear, the same gloominess, and the same disappointing mood. Everything is the same. But why are there no guards?" says one of the elderly villagers.

"Yeah, up to now, there should be at least 10 dead bodies and hundreds of injured," says another villager.

While the background was just about to be noisy, the sound of footsteps is heard, causing strange silence to permeate all over.

"Hello, Guys. You must have a bucket full of questions to ask me. Someone may want to ask Who am I? and someone may want to ask Where is Lord Baron? But that's not important. The important question is Why am I here?" Saying that, Rakesh claps his hands.

As Rakesh claps his hands, one person enters in people's view with a box. As he walks towards Rakesh, villagers can't help but notice the presence of a briefcase or rather his presence.

"He is...." says one villager.

"Butler Racoon," says another villager.

All of a sudden, fear starts to envelope them. They had sorta forgotten the fear of nobility for a moment, but seeing the butler reminds them of Royalty.

While villagers were filled with fear, Rakesh claps his hands and hearing the clap, Butler opens the Box, and all of a sudden tension starts to rise, and the few elderly start to tremble with excitement and fear.

Just then, One young villager puts forwards his happiness for the death of Baron. Seeing this, the few elderly people start panicking, and one even collapses on the floor.

Just then Rakesh enters and helps the elderly person and tells, "I am not Royalty, so you have nothing to fear. Bad deeds lead to certain demise, and I, on the command of Great God of Peace and Prosperity, am here to free you from this hell and open up the path to freedom, peace, progress, and contentment for you.

Just then The Elderly whom Rakesh supported speaks," I thought that young boy would die But Now all of us will die when the news reach the ear of higher nobility. This is not the road to peace but rather a door opening to the path of bones."

Just then Rakesh retorts," I know you have fear, fear that your young ones won't be able to live their life and have to die young just so few ambitious people could enjoy the fruit of revolt or else all shall die But fear not cause if you are to follow my Great God I promise you of peace paved with the sword that moves to protect the ones we love. And Royalty won't interfere as long as we say Royalty still rules the village."

"How long can the truth be hidden. Certainly, not for eternity," says the Elderly.

"It doesn't take eternity for the sword to sharpen with the intent of protection, and most importantly The Great God of Peace and Prosperity will give you the power to fight and protect for the peace and progress of society. So that your future generation will not have to work hard everyday in sweat only to be looked down and beaten to death by Royalty. And Also I give my vow to Heaven That I shall protect every believer of my God even if I have to risk my life for that"; says Rakesh.

Hearing such heartfelt words all of a sudden silent tears are seen all over the villagers and as the crystal tears fall down upon this grassy field, the world seems different and the flowers which seem so heavenly yet out of reach seem to welcome them and the future they dare not imagine seem to open to them bringing about a depth of emotion and beauty.