"Echoes of Sacrifice"

Rudolf: Ouch!

Rudolf goes flying and hits the same concrete wall, knocking off his teeth like his brother's.

Birch: Ant should act like an ant, thinking about knocking me off by surprise with that tiny force. Tch! Pathetic.

Saying that, Birch with his goons takes away the corpse of Wolferine.

After 10 minutes.

Krish (Coughs blood): Cough, Cough. What happened? Brother, where are you? Why am I here? Oh! Fking Birch, I was beaten by him.

All of a sudden, his vision shifts towards Rudolf, and in self-blame, he crawls towards his brother.

Krish: Brother, wake up. Brother, it's my fault. I am good for nothing. I caused you pain. I am a moron. Why can't I control my emotions? He starts self-blaming.

Rudolf: Cough, Cough.

Krish: Brother. Brother. Are you fine?

Rudolf: Cough, water.

Krish: Yeah, water. Wait brother.

Saying that, he takes away the bucket he carried with him to fetch water and goes to the nearby well and fetches water and brings back a bucket of water.

Krish: Brother here, water.

Rudolf: Coughs. Let's first go home.

Krish realizes that they have guest at home. So, he helps Rudolf stand and carries the water bucket with him in one hand while supporting Rudolf from the other and slowly starts walking towards home.

Rudolf: Cough, Cough.

Hearing such coughing sound, Rakesh wakes up and with difficulty opens the door.

Rakesh: What happened to you two? And what about the warcraft?

Rakesh, after going through so much pain and bereavement, has developed a great fear of having his loved ones leave him all alone.

Seeing concern in Rakesh's face, the brothers tactically try to walk away from this conversation. They don't want to hurt others as they believe their existence has already harmed enough people.

Rudolf: It's nothing.

Krish: Yeah, we just let a nearby butcher handle the meat for us, and he will provide us with meat within this week.

Rudolf: Yes, processing meat of warcraft is quite time-consuming.

Rakesh finds something odd in this conversation, as if they were trying to hide something. They say they have given warcraft to the butcher for processing, but their bodies seem to be badly injured. Although processing warcraft is time-consuming, for only submitting a BRONZE 4th Wolferine, it shouldn't take so long.

Rakesh: Why are you injured then? And those injuries seem to be not of a fall or anything. It is as if you fought with someone, or more precisely, you got beaten by someone.

Seeing that the truth can't be hidden, they walk inside and lock the door. Help Rakesh get seated and then start a long conversation.

Krish: Sigh! I have talked to you about our mother, haven't I?

Rakesh: A little bit, about how those warriors killed her and, most importantly, you talked about her kindness.

Rudolf: Yeah, She was the very definition of kindness. Life in the village is and was very hard. People work hard day and night just to meet their ends, and still, she was a woman.

Krish: Women are discriminated against in this society. Although she was very hardworking and skilled at what she does. She needed to do 2-3 jobs a day to barely make ends meet.

Rudolf: Despite such harshness, she still had a huge love towards humans and life as a whole. I am not kidding. One time she almost lost her life saving a tree.

Krish: One night, We were left alone. We don't know exactly who left us.

Rudolf: It was a stormy day, and we were wet and hungry. Nobody showed any sympathy towards us, and how will they? They themselves were living a pitiful life.

Krish: That's when she saw us. Her name was Alice. She had blonde hair, and I still vividly remember, her smile--- in that stormy day--it---it seemed as if Mother nature was standing before us.

Rudolf: She.. She took us in and took care of us as if we were her own child for the past 10 years.

Krish: I still remember that night; she was still as beautiful as a beautiful Rose. Just starting to bloom and spreading love and spring all along. Time hadn't even left a trace in her grace and beauty.

Rudolf: She seemed so sacred and her heart seemed to be of Jade. Not invaded by any evil and shining with amazing hope.

Krish: She had to do many odd jobs to take care of us. Life was and is expensive. Every day food for us cost around 4 copper(mostly soup), and she used to have a loaf of bread(1 copper).

Rakesh: Bread? Every day? How could someone eat that every day?

Krish: Life was tough. Back then, she used to force us to eat good food while she used to eat that same loaf of bread every day. Once we cried and demanded to eat that loaf of bread. We were a child, and we thought she used to eat good things herself.

Rudolf: We ate it after some cries. It was hard. Like a brick.

Krish: It had no taste. Even seemed a bit bitter as if it was not fresh at all.

Rudolf: After that, life was different for us. We knew we couldn't let her only eat that sad loaf of bread. So we smiled and started to divide the bread and our food(mostly soup) into 3 parts, and after that, we used to share everything.

Krish: But this all changed. Yeah, that night, those people came. They were warriors. 3 of them to be exact. 1 was the leader named "GRAND".

Rudolf: We were confused about why they came. Seeing them coming, we saw fear. Yeah, fear in the eyes of that beautiful lady who all of a sudden seemed to age a little. Her face seemed pale, but somehow she managed herself and told us to go to sleep.

Krish: Home was small, and there were only 2 rooms. Yeah, it was exactly these 2 rooms. One where we sleep and another where we cook and eat.

(Author: This is too much for just 1 chapter. I had anticipated a perfect point to end, but it would make this chapter too long. So, I am very sorry about this sudden stop.)