Chapter 99: Snowstorm

The snow came much later than last year.

When I arrived in Yuanli late, I thought there would be no more snowstorms this year, but before the end of the year, it still started snowing.

It fell quickly and urgently, and in just a few moments, the sky and the earth were covered with a thin layer of white.

Yuan Li stood in front of the window and looked at the heavy snow outside.

Outside, a servant shouted cheerfully from time to time: "Heavy snow is coming!", "Auspicious snow heralds a good harvest", "Snow is finally here. I thought it wouldn't fall a year ago, and the farmers on the farm are all anxious to death"...

Everyone is rejoicing at the heavy snowfall and sees it as an auspicious sign. Yuanli is a little worried.

Chu Hechao came over from behind and looked at the heavy snow outside together, "Is this this year?"

The weather forecast will only be updated tonight. Seeing the weather in the next seven days, Yuan Li shook his head, "We won't know until tomorrow."

The air-conditioning blew in from the window, carrying snowflakes and flying to their heads. Chu Hechao closed the window and knocked the snowflakes off himself and Yuan Li, "Don't think too much, even this year, we are already prepared."

Yuan Li exhaled a breath, "Yes."

Yuan Li hoped that the snow would stop soon, but it continued to snow all day long and did not stop before going to bed at night.

As soon as he opened his eyes the next morning, Yuan Li felt a biting chill. He stood up and took a look. The charcoal fire in the room had been extinguished, and his breath turned into white mist.

He was shivering from the cold, and Chu Hechao also woke up. He wiped his face to wake himself up, put the quilt on Yuan Li, and got out of bed to get dressed.

He moved quickly and put on his inner coat in a few moments. While putting it on, he thought about it: "Why is it so cold all of a sudden?"

"The temperature has dropped," Yuan Li huddled in the bed, "Is it still snowing outside?"

It was cold last night, so Yuanli didn't let the servants wait.

Chu Hechao finally didn't have to climb out of the window this time. He opened the door, took a look, and nodded, "It's still raining."

Yuan Li quickly checked the weather forecast and his heart sank.

The weather forecast has been updated, and the results are not optimistic. There will be heavy snow for the next seven days.

Coupled with today's sudden drop in low temperature, there is an 80% to 90% chance that a snowstorm will occur this year.

Even if he no longer wants to face disasters, Yuanli must be prepared to face snow disasters.

Fortunately, he made a lot of preparations in advance. Yuan Li thought about the grain and coal in the warehouse and felt calm.

Chu Hechao went out to get some new charcoal, replaced the charcoal in the charcoal basin, rubbed his hands and said: "The water outside has frozen, and the kitchen is boiling water now. You get dressed first and get up. I'll take care of your clothes." I put it under the quilt at the end of the bed last night, it should still be warm, can you touch it?"

Yuan Li took his clothes out of the quilt and nodded, "It's still hot when I touch it."

Chu Hechao put Yuan Li's fur coat to roast next to the brazier. When he stirred the brazier, some sparks flew out and the fire became brighter.