Chapter 116: Strange desire to win

Chu Hechao wanted to play with him, but he got a headache when he heard Yuan Li's words. He rubbed his brows and asked helplessly: "What is the strategy of farming?"

Yuan Li explained to him seriously: "The policy of farming refers to reclaiming barren and ownerless farmland, recruiting refugees and soldiers to organize into groups according to the army's establishment, and we will provide land, seeds, cattle and agricultural tools. They cultivated land, and the harvest was divided proportionally between the state and the farmers who farmed it. Now that the powerful nobles in Youzhou and Bingzhou have fled due to the war, we have a lot of unowned land in our hands, which can be used for farming."*

Chu Hechao thought thoughtfully, "Isn't that just like hiring tenants?"

"Absolutely," Yuan Li thought for a while, "but there are military villages and civilian villages. The civilian villages are mainly engaged in farming and producing grain, while the military villages are mainly focused on offense and defense. They farm to obtain food when they are not fighting. The military is self-reliant."

Chu Hechao pulled him to a chair and sat down.

Yuan Li is an adult man, but this weight is nothing to Chu Hechao. Chu Hechao hugged Yuan Li and kissed the back of his neck, "Okay. This is a good way. It can also solve the problem of long distances and inconvenient transportation of food."

"Itchy..." Yuan Li shrank his neck and hid, looking back at Chu Hechao unhappily, "Your stubble pricked me."

Chu Hechao raised his eyebrows, then deliberately took down the bazaar and stabbed his neck.

Yuan Li jumped off his lap and asked Lin Tian to bring a basin of water and a knife so that he could shave Chu Hechao.

The tools were quickly prepared. Chu Hechao sat lazily on the chair and raised his head, cooperating with his wife with a look of enjoyment.

Yuan Li put a towel on his chin and threatened him: "Don't move. If I accidentally shake my hand, you will be disfigured."

Chu Hechao didn't dare to move, for fear that if Yuan Li's hand shook, his handsome face would be ruined.

Yuan Li shaved his beard and continued: "We give the farmers land, farm tools, cattle, and seeds. Only 60% of the harvest is given to the government, and the remaining 40% is harvested by the people themselves. If the people use private cattle for farming, , then just give 50% of the harvested grain to the government, what do you think?"

Chu Hechao moved his lips, "Okay. Recruiting refugees to work in the fields, is it mandatory or voluntary...hiss."

Yuan Li picked up the knife sarcastically, looked at the shallow scar bleeding on the man's angular chin, and said innocently: "Didn't I tell you to stop moving?"

Chu Hechao's forehead twitched and he said word by word: "It was you who asked me."

Yuan Li felt guilty and didn't say anything, just blinked at him.

Chu Hechao knew that he was pretending, and he was angry and funny. Outsiders know that Dao Yuan Lejun is a steady and funny celebrity, with a righteous heart, and everything he says or does is meaningful. But here, Yuan Lejun was so skinny that he almost reached the sky.

He chuckled inwardly, feigning anger, "Still pretending?"

Yuan Li pursed his lips, "You're being mean to me again."

Chu Hechao was speechless and couldn't help but smile and pull him over, reasoning: "You scratched my chin, and I can't even say a word to you? Mr. Yuan Le, let's talk about right and wrong."