Chapter 72: Reason

Chapter 72

When they reached the door of the room, Lin Tian quickly took off his raincoat and was about to take it off for Yuan Li, but Yuan Li said, "You go down first."

Lin Tian said, "My lord?"

Yuan Li's face was covered by his bamboo hat, and it was unclear what kind of expression he had. He said, "Go ahead."

Lin Tian leaned over and said, "I'll go get you some hot water."

Yuan Li took off his raincoat, shook off the rain on it, hung it on the wood by the door, went into the room and closed the door.

This was a corridor, and Chu Hechao and Yang Zhongfa lived opposite. Yuan Li saw through the crack in the door that the man in the raincoat turned around, as if he was looking at him, or as if he was looking at the tea plums in the courtyard that were broken into pieces by the heavy rain.

Yuan Li held his breath and closed the door.

The wind and rain were blocked outside the door, and Yuan Li stood there for a while, first went to light the candle, and then changed his wet clothes. Soon, the thunder stopped. The thunderstorm turned into cloudy rain, and it was still falling wetly.

Yuanli changed his clothes and sat at the table, a little absent-minded.

He was still thinking about what happened just now.

Perhaps the darkness in the fake cave was too damp and confusing, or perhaps Chu Hechao's feelings at the time were too strong and heavy, so that they infected Yuanli and dragged Yuanli into the sinking. Yuanli only recovered now and remembered what he and Chu Hechao had done.

He touched her lips with mixed feelings.

There seemed to be a trace of Chu Hechao's breath on her lips. The man's desire to devour him was crazy, but the restrained pain of betrayal was so real and intense, and these contradictory and complex emotions were passed on to Yuanli. Even now, Yuanli's heart seemed to be holding back, his heart was being pulled, and he felt uncomfortable.

Chu Hechao's attitude was very clear. Just indulge yourself with all your strength once, and after coming out of the cave, they will return to dust and earth, pretending that nothing has happened.

They are still good partners and good uncles and sisters-in-law. They have never kissed or touched each other, and they abide by the rules and return to the appearance of loyalty, filial piety, chastity and righteousness.

Yuanli was very confused.

He was thinking about how he felt about Chu Hechao.

Did he like him? Yuan Li didn't know. He was a straight man and never thought that he would like men. Even now, he could say with certainty that he had no feelings for other men, but he felt restless and painful because of Chu Hechao's kiss.

But if he didn't like him, why would he obey Chu Hechao?

Yuan Li himself didn't know.

The scene in the cave reminded him not of shame, regret or disgust of being offended. Instead, it was heavy, like a burden, and it was like something wanted to break out of the ground, but there were huge rocks above the ground blocking it.

Yuan Li was rational and understood that it was enough to stop here.

Whether he liked Chu Hechao or not, it was enough to stop here and not explore further.

Yuan Li even regretted why he had to expose Chu Hechao's love for him.

This would only make Chu Hechao more painful.