Chapter 67: Grain and Food Institute

Chapter 67

The Wuhuan people moved to Youzhou and were to be supervised by the governor of Youzhou. Before there was a governor of Youzhou, Chu Hechao was the one who supervised them. Now that there is a governor of Youzhou, according to the rules, these Wuhuan adults need to come to pay respects to the governor and say hello to Yuanli.

Yuanli knew that Chu Hechao had a bad relationship with the Wuhuan people. Looking at the provocative and boastful tone in the letter, Yuanli knew without thinking that these Wuhuan people came with bad intentions and might want to give Yuanli, the newly appointed governor, a warning.

But Yuanli just thought the same as they did. As a new official who had just taken office, Yuanli also wanted to kill the chicken to scare the monkey and set up a warning.

Isn't this a coincidence?

Gulichi, a kind man who sent warmth!

Yuanli slowly asked someone to open the bag of salt. At a glance, it was indeed the salt grains that he asked Zhang Mi to mix fine salt and coarse salt in a one-to-one ratio and sell to the Wuhuan people.

He was even happier, "Gulichi is really nice."

He liked this kind of complainer.

He asked someone to call Zhang Mi. When Zhang Mi came, he saw the big bag of salt. The more he looked at it, the more familiar it looked. "My lord, what is this?"

"This is the salt that Gulichi sent to me," Yuanli couldn't help laughing, "Look, how much you can get in exchange for these salts."

Zhang Mi looked at it and said, "This bag of salt can at least be exchanged for three horses."

Yuanli raised his eyebrows, "It's a high price."

He immediately asked someone to collect the salt and let Zhang Mi take it away, intending to sell it to the Wuhuan people again.

Zhang Mi didn't expect that Gulichi would actually give the salt he bought from him to the real master. He was a little amused. After laughing, he talked about business with Yuanli, "My lord, Mi came here not only to congratulate you on your coronation, but also to report something to you." 

Yuanli asked, "What is it?"

Zhang Mi said carefully.

It turned out that when he was doing business with the Wuwan people, he found many Youzhou people who were used as slaves on the Wuwan people's territory. Many of them asked him for help and wanted Zhang Mi to take them away. When Zhang Mi was doing business with the Wuwan people, he not only exchanged horses, but also some people.

Most of these people were ordinary people and Baimi people captives who were looted by the Wuwan people under the banner of "eliminating disasters for the country" when the Baimi people were ravaging Youzhou. They were tortured by the Wuwan people.

When talking about this, Zhang Mi was always looking at Yuan Li's face carefully.

When exchanging goods for people, Zhang Mi was very hesitant and didn't know whether he should do it. If it was before, he would definitely not have such sympathy and spare money to take care of these slaves. But he knew that Yuan Li had exchanged many Baimi people captives when he sold salt to Dadan. He guessed that Yuan Li should want him to do this. In the end, Zhang Mi gritted his teeth and exchanged some people and brought them back.

But he was still a little worried that Yuanli would think he was acting on his own, so he did not use the fine salt that Yuanli gave him in exchange for these slaves, but Zhang Mi's own things. If Yuanli was unhappy, Zhang Mi could also explain and minimize the loss as much as possible, so that Yuanli would not dislike him.