Chapter 147: Go deep into the grassland

The two Huns were left behind.

But the other Huns were all killed without mercy.

Even though there were some Huns who regretfully shouted "surrender" and "I can lead the way", they did not stop the sword that was slashing at them.

The two Huns who were the first to stand up looked at the other dead compatriots and were so frightened that their legs became weak. I was trembling again and again, but I was lucky that I stood up in time and got a chance to survive.

But they soon discovered that this chance of survival was not so good.

They were kept there all night without getting a drop of water. Early the next morning, the two Huns were taken out. They were roughly tied with ropes and mounted on horses, and were told that they could only have water if they led the way to a barbarian tribe.

The faces of the two Huns changed.

Nomads living on the grasslands all know the importance of water sources and the feeling of thirst. If a person does not drink water, he will die in three or four days. The process of not drinking water will be so painful that life would be worse than death.

The hateful Central Plains people actually used the method of not giving them water to force them to lead the way as soon as possible. This method is really cruel!

But under the instinct of survival, they dared not say anything and anxiously led Yuanli and his party deep into the grassland.

If they want to survive, they must find the barbarian tribe within three days.

Generals such as He Lang and Duan Yuquan remained on the frontier, while Yuan Li took Jia Qing and embarked on the road deep into the grasslands with Yang Zhongfa.

Yuanli once trained an elite cavalry team. This cavalry was trained as heavy cavalry and has grown from a thousand people in the past to eight thousand people now.

When Chu Hechao went to attack Jizhou, he took 3,000 people with him, and when Yuanli came to northern Xinjiang, he brought 4,000 people.

Now, he divided the four thousand people into two, and Yang Zhong sent troops into two groups. They went into battle lightly, each carrying a Xiongnu surrender, a guide and a compass and quietly entered the grassland.

This compass is a simple compass made by Yuan Li with water and needle. He taught Yang Zhongfa this method. The three-pronged approach of compass, guide, and Xiongnu troops can greatly increase the success rate of finding barbarian tribes in the grassland, and can also greatly reduce the possibility of the Huns lying.

Fortunately, the Huns were honest enough to surrender their troops and did not have any evil thoughts. They were more anxious to find the barbarian tribes than they were. Finally, three days later, the Huns led Yuanli to find the first barbarian tribe.

At this time, the Huns were so thirsty that their whole body was weak, their lips were chapped and purple, and their eyes were black, and they were begging in confusion, "Water, water... I have found the tribe, water."

Yuan Li nodded to the soldiers beside him. The soldiers came forward with the water bag, uncorked the cork, roughly pulled the Hun's hair to raise his face, and fed him water.

The Huns didn't care at all about the rudeness of the soldiers. He held the water bag in the hands of the soldiers tightly with both hands, and drank the water with tears of joy, his throat rolling in big mouthfuls, and he was so thirsty that he refused to let go of a drop.

But after the water bag was halfway through, the soldiers ruthlessly took back the water bag, threw him a piece of dry food, and said to the Huns who kept struggling and wanted to drink water: "When will you take us to find the next tribe? The next water will come at some point."