Chapter 123: The army goes out!

"Chu Hechao," Yuan Li said quietly, "You are so coquettish..."

Chu Hechao suspected that he heard wrongly, "What did you say?"

Yuan Li looked at him silently, his eyes seeming to see through all the dirty words in Chu Hechao's heart.

Chu Hechao's face turned red when he saw it, so he changed his words and said, "This grain farm of yours is quite powerful. It has only been released for half a year, but it has been effective so quickly."

Yuan Li glanced at him, "Yes, I have sent people to try to find Zhou Gongdan. Zhou Gongdan is alone in Jizhou, and I am always afraid that something will happen to him. With people from the Grain Institute by his side, he at least has A helper."

*

In Jizhou, people from the Grain Institute are trying to contact Zhou Gongdan.

Half a month later, they sent back a secret letter.

The letter is in Zhou Gongdan's handwriting. The letter stated that he had reunited with the people at the grain farm and that everything was fine, which reassured Yuanli.

Zhou Gongdan did not expect that Yuanli would send someone to assist him, and he was full of surprises.

Everyone in the Food Institute is an elite. Even if they can't help Zhou Gongdan, they can at least protect Zhou Gongdan and escape safely.

Since Zhou Gongdan came into contact with the people from the Grain Food Institute, he had to say that he felt a lot more at ease. He was finally able to sleep peacefully and had more energy to deal with the Jizhou incident. In the letter, he explained the recent events in Jizhou in a concise and concise manner.

Luo Yue and others sent by Li Li stopped doing business in Jizhou and acted like they were just wandering around, which made Wu Shanshi and others put down their guard. Unexpectedly, after a period of time, Luo Yue used some method to make Wu Shanshi's mother and his wife's concubines accept many gold and silver jewelry as heavy gifts from Li Li.

The rumor that "Wu Shanshi, the governor of Jizhou, accepted a generous gift from Li Li" originated from unknown sources and quickly spread throughout Jizhou.

Wei Ji was furious and ordered the execution of several common people who spread the news, but the rumors still could not be stopped. Wu Shanshi was also very angry about this. He killed several of his concubines, but he could do nothing about his wife and mother.

The Northern Zhou Dynasty ruled the world with filial piety, could Wu Shanshi still kill his mother?

His legitimate son was crying and pleading for his wife to be spared. How could he not give his biological son face?

Wu Shanshi was holding back his anger, and was furious at being teased. He wanted to catch Luo Yue and chop him, but he was stopped by the counselors again.

Wei Ji didn't want Wu Shanshi to have anything to do with Li Li. He asked Wu Shanshi to take out all the money Li Li gave to his mother and wife and return it to Luo Yue, and asked Luo Yue to take these things back to Luoyang.

But Wu Shanshi felt that Luo Yue had framed him in this way, and he had already suffered infamy. Wouldn't it be more aggrieved to give the money back? It is better to use this money as military pay, recruit more soldiers, buy more military rations, and use this to kill Li Li.

Wei Ji was so angry that he fell ill.

When he fell ill, Wang Yun thought about it and felt that since the matter was a foregone conclusion, it was better to take advantage of it. So he made a suggestion with Wu Shanshi, asking Wu Shanshi to pretend to conspire with Li Li, and then take advantage of this opportunity to kill Li Li first.