Chapter 181: Reunion

The war raged.

Hundreds of kilograms of stones were lifted up by the catapult and smashed through the wooden ships. More and more debris appeared on the sea.

King Chen had catapults, and Yuanli also had catapults. After improvements by the Department of Utensils, Yuanli's catapult was more capable of throwing heavier boulders than King Chen's catapult.

Iron-headed warships opened the way, and the most common methods of fighting on the sea were stone throwing and fire attacks. The soldiers filled arrowheads and torches with sesame oil, lit them on fire, and threw them at the enemy.

Torches lit up the canvas and decks of the warships. The two warships got closer and closer, and more and more ships were destroyed.

Amidst the thick smoke and the light of fire burning on the sea, the sky became darker and darker, and the clouds gradually covered the sky.

On the main ship, Yuanli raised his head and looked at the sky keenly. The hair that was not tied up around the ears changed from blowing forward to flowing behind the ears.

The wind has changed.

During a battle on the sea, a change in wind direction can often bring about an astonishing reversal.

Yuan Li narrowed his eyes.

Sure enough, Gu Yue said in a deep voice the next moment: "Lord, the wind direction has changed! We are now downwind!"

Everyone who has already learned how to have a water fight knows what this means.

Being downwind, the arrows they fired at the enemy ship and the torches they threw would be blocked by the wind. Not only was it difficult to move forward, but their own flames would burn faster, which was an obvious disadvantage for them.

The enemy general He Jiwen also noticed the change in the wind direction. He was very happy and said to the generals on the left and right: "You lead 20,000 people to escort the lord back to Yangzhou, and I will lead the troops to attack Yuan Lejun!"

Immediately, he stepped up his offensive against Yuanli.

Yuan Li was extremely calm and said: "Retreat."

Wen Jun showed no interest in fighting and fled downstream.

He Jiwen chased after him, but when he went downstream, he discovered that there were iron chains and iron awls buried in the lower reaches of the Yangtze River. There was an ambush here!

The iron chain blocked the channel, and there were cliffs on both sides. The river here was turbulent, and when the warships came in rapid pursuit, they would either hit the iron chain boat and destroy everyone, or they would be punctured by the iron cone buried under the water. Perish. *

Chen Jun lost dozens of warships at once before stopping the ambush. He Jiwen felt something bad in his heart. He turned around and saw that Mr. Wen and another Wenjun fleet that was ambushing here had surrounded them from front to back!

He Jiwen's face was calm, but he was not afraid, "Prepare the sling, we can't go head-to-head with Wen Jun."

Yuan Li and Zhou Gongdan each led their fleets. They looked at each other from a distance and started to attack the enemy together.

In order to get rid of King Chen in one fell swoop, Yuan Li, Yang Zhongfa and others decided to divide the troops into five groups after discussion. There are two land routes, one each in the upper reaches, middle reaches and lower reaches of the Yangtze River.

As the "main force", Yuan Li seemed to be very powerful, but in fact he had only one cover-up. The purpose was to attract the enemy's firepower and let King Chen's troops come out to deal with him.