Chapter 180: The two armies are fighting

After the government opened warehouses to release grain, there was less food for war.

King Chen's family is rich, but one war after another in the past two years has consumed a lot of food and money. After opening the warehouse this time, the remaining grain reserves are actually in danger.

King Chen immediately sent ships to Yuzhou and Yizhou, preparing to bring back grain from these two places.

However, the ships sent out never returned. A few days later, the water patrol team hurriedly asked to see King Chen and brought back bad news, "My lord, Duke Wen led 600,000 soldiers to continue approaching Yangzhou! Also... return......"

King Chen's face was filled with moodiness and anger, and he asked in a deep voice: "What else is there?"

The person who replied swallowed nervously, "Mr. Wen also held the young master hostage, and asked you to take the initiative to surrender to him..."

King Chen's heart burned, and his vision turned black for a moment. He raised his hand and slapped it on the armrest.

"Organize the army!"

*

On the Yangtze River, Yuanli's army had stopped outside the Yangzhou River blockade.

Hundreds of sailing ships were arranged neatly, and the large fleet was undisturbed. It was huge and magnificent, as if it was a war posture.

But there was white smoke floating from each of the brand new and spacious warships.

Yuan Li was taking his soldiers to eat.

This meal is not just simple dry food, but fresh chickens, ducks, pigs and sheep. The boiler was set up and the hot water was boiling. The soldiers happily grabbed the chickens, ducks, pigs and sheep. After the main ship gave the order, the commander immediately shouted: "Do it!"

The patrol fleet within the Yangzhou blockade subconsciously thought that Wen Jun was going to take action, and they were nervously preparing to avoid a counterattack, but found that they were not paying attention to them at all.

Upon hearing the order, all the soldiers cheered, and then they wiped the necks of the chickens, ducks, pigs and sheep with a sharp knife like a game. Immediately, other soldiers came over with wooden buckets, catching the blood, ironing the hair, and cleaning the boat. Everyone was busy cleaning the ship's deck.

The freshly killed meat was divided up, and ten people in groups looked at a pot, chatting and laughing while urging the chief to put in the seasonings.

Shi Chang keeps enough seasonings for ten people on his body, including salt, white sugar, pepper and ginger slices, and Shi Chang is careful to put them away. The commander who was reluctant was also reported to the centurion by the smiling soldiers, "We commanders are reluctant to put in the seasoning!"

He was so angry that he laughed and cursed and kicked the soldier on the butt, "Meat can't stop your mouth."

They were busy and busy, and it didn't take long for the meat smell to become strong, drifting along the sea breeze all the way to the Yangzhou blockade.

King Chen's patrol fleet was stunned.

They didn't expect that at this time, Wen Gong's army could still be eating and drinking so easily - they didn't look like they were here to fight, but rather having a picnic!

The patrols did not dare to relax their vigilance, but smelling the scent of meat brought by the sea breeze, many of them could not help but swallow their saliva, and their stomachs rumbled.