Closer

———
2 weeks later
———

Yunho

Heavy breathing is all that can be heard as the music comes to a stop, Mingi, lying down on the floor, sweat dripping from his face. We've become way closer than before, him opening up and talking to me more. It amazes me how different he truly is to the wall he put between himself and everyone else. I quickly get to my feet grabbing our waters, "Princess, here's your water." I say dropping down next to him, my back to the mirror. He takes it quickly shooting me a glare as he sips, a small chuckle leaving my lips. His cheeks red, from either dancing or the name, we'll go with dancing this time to be safe. After calling Mingi princess it just stuck, the reaction being all I needed to continue.

Walking home together a few weeks ago, we figured out we'd only lived 3 houses apart, so we've been pretty inseparable since. Most the group and my parents making fun of us for constantly being together and our dynamic. Mingi always coming over to my house, saying it was nice to have such a welcoming home to come to. My parents and little brother fell in love with Mingi after meeting him so they definitely didn't mind his frequent visits, no one seems to mind our closeness either. Mingi always leaning on me, holding my hand or hugging me in any situation he's uncomfortable with.

"Alright Min, let's get up. Everyone is gonna be waiting on us at the cafe, so we need to hurry" I say making my way to my feet, sticking my hand out for him to take. A routine for us at this point, him laying there until I eventually pull him up from the floor, a queue for him to get up and to follow my lead. We quickly make work of cleaning the dance room, packing up and starting our walk to the cafe, casual conversation held until a comfortable silence makes its way between us. I pull the door open as we arrive, Mingi walking in as I file in behind him. Greeted by the loud noise known as our friends, turning the once quiet cafe with loud laughter and conversation.

"Yun, Min, you guys made it!" Woo yells, shooting up from the booth and capturing Mingi in a hug before he can retreat. Knowing Mingi isn't as comfortable with the group as he is with me, Wooyoung goes out of his way to steal what affection he can from the boy. I quickly pull them apart, Wooyoung instantly hooking himself to my side instead as Mingi slips in beside Yeosang, joining his conversation with Jongho easily. "Come on Woo, go sit down so we can order." I laugh ushering the boy to sit next to San who has lifted his arm for the little koala to cling to him as he converses with Seonghwa and Hongjoong. I slide into place looking around the rounded booth, taking in everyone as they converse a smile plays on my lips. Mingi is sat next to Yeosang, Jongho to his left, followed by Seonghwa, Hongjoong, San, Wooyoung and ending with me at the other end.

Mingi ended up blending well with the group after all which is nice, as he has become close with everyone pretty quickly once he got comfortable enough with me to feel safe and let the others in. Conversation easily flows through our group, Mingi, Yeosang, and Jongho lost in conversation, Wooyoung butting in every once in a while then moving back to the rest of the groups conversation. Soon our order is out and everyone is digging in and drinking their drinks as we converse, I look to Mingi who is smiling ear to ear. "Minnie, you've got some chocolate on your face." quickly reaching out and whipping it with my thumb, "Cute." I laugh, his face instantly turned red as he stares at me. "Gross, get a room." Jongho says glaring at us as he grimaces at the action, causing everyone to erupt into laughter. Mingi growing impossibly redder, clearing his throat as everyone had seen what just happened.

"Yun, don't we have to go soon? Your mom is expecting us for dinner." Mingi says looking at his watch, I nod slightly looking to the group. "You guys are always together, why weren't we invited Yunho-ah." San complains, poking his bottom lip out, "Sannie, we are neighbors, plus I'll make sure we can all have a dinner together soon. No worries." I said tilting my head and letting out a small chuckle as I pat his head, a smile taking over his once pouty features. I stand chugging the rest of my drink as Mingi makes his way to his feet, everyone says their goodbyes as we make our way out.