Chapter 4 Survival Of The Fittest

Immediately Tang Xilong heard the requirements for joining all the way sect, he disappeared from the treetop
     When the three elders noticed that the boy's aura had disappeared which meant he had gone searching already, they grinned and Yin Yunyang said “Also, both tokens glow once energy is imbued into it so let the exam begin, you all may go in”
     Gong Pangui spoke up “Do not forget what you're supposed to do and you only have three days”
     Wen Fang grinned “Those three days will decide your fate”
     As soon as the elders gave the signal for them to go in, thousands of cultivators rushed into the forest to start on it while the devil cultivators who wanted to join bane sect stayed behind
     Wen Fang was surprised when he saw that the boy they had called out from the shadows stayed behind and he called for him “What's your name?”
     The boy answered respectfully “My name is Xu Qumeng, the second son of the Noble Xu Family in the Devil realm”
     Yin Yunyang giggled “He only asked for your name not your legacy”
     Xu Qumeng blushed “Sorry, Ma'am”
     Yin Yunyang stomped her foot in the air “Who are you calling Ma'am! Am a beautiful young lady, call me Sis Yin”
     Xu Qumeng bowed “Yes, Sis Yin”

     Wen Fang laughed “What a thing to see, a beastkin who's lived for centuries is calling herself a young lady”
     Yin Yunyang pumped her fists with a scrunched up face “Wanna fight, huh, Laofang, you're older than me!”
     Gong Pangui spoke up “Enough squabbling you two, Xu Qumeng, you may go back now”
     Xu Qumeng bowed and left
     Wen Fang whispered “Looks like we favoured the wrong one, there will be no spice in this exam”
     Yin Yunyang whispered back “It's your fault, Wen Fang, we asked you which one we should pick but you said anyone so it's on you”
     Wen Fang replied “You picked the wrong person missy not my fault”
     Gong Pangui stared in the direction of the forest and said “Don't worry, we can just treat it as charity, anyways, leaving him in the shadows would still spice things up”
     Yin Yunyang grinned “That's for sure, I also sensed a pretty unusual aura among those immortals, he's gonna be tricky and will definitely cause trouble”

     While Tang Xilong was busy getting into stealth mode, he heard everything they and was like ‘The tokens glow? Damnit, those who don't have any storage artefacts will definitely get into trouble, haha it's good Laozi got one for me. Also, someone with an unusual aura among the immortals? I should watch out for them then’
     He jumped through treetops as he watched over everyone like a hawk as he said “Now who will be my first target?”
     Then he spotted a group consisting of two beastkins and two mortals fighting against a beast but when he looked closer, one of the beastkins and one of the mortals were those girls he met by stairs on the ship so he steadily disappeared from there before they noticed him
     Zhen Subai looked towards the direction of the trees behind her with squinted eyes then shook her head and focused on the battle

     Then after almost an hour of searching for a weak group, he finally found a group of one immortal and two mortals who were searching for something. The immortal was ordering the two mortals while chilling against a tree.
     Tang Xilong decided to be patient and followed them around for more than a day, the group were attacked twice during that period and it was only the immortal who attacked but couldn't kill any beasts and Tang Xilong did nothing but follow in the shadows
     When Tang Xilong was about to be bored of following them, one of the mortals shouted “I found one! Bro Kun, my senses tell me that it's in that ice cave”
     Apparently, the immortal was named Lu Kun and he was very excited when he heard that a jade token had been found then he made a decision in his mind ‘If it's a Qing token, I'll take it for myself and run away quickly but if it's a Wong token, I'll just simply run away to find another duo to dupe if these two don't get killed by the beasts that chases us later’
     Tang Xilong was also in exhilaration when he heard that and readied himself to snatch the Qing token and run or just run if it were the Wong token then reluctantly find another group