Chapter 28

"Have you decided?", the doctor asked as he prescribed her the medicine.
It had been a few days since she had tried talking to Sidharth. Her health hadn't improved. She looked a lot weaker, her face showing signs of tiredness, the dark circles around her eyes way more prominent than ever. This pregnancy was taking a toll on her.

Shehnaaz picked her phone up, avoiding any eye contact with the doctor. She was ashamed, she felt low. This wasn't her dream, she was weak, vulnerable and lonely.

"Nahi ki?", he spoke when she looked down.

Shehnaaz looked up, her lips held tight. She tried to smile, but she felt her eyes getting heavy. "I tired.." she was about to speak when the doctor spoke again.The last three days had been an absolute hell. Shehnaaz had work lined up, she would stay up all night and day working, hardly having any time to eat. Her back ached bad enough disabling her from a normal life. The pelvic pain wasn't any better. All she felt was bloated, tired and thirsty.

"Shehnaaz you are running out of time. Jaldi karo jo karna hai. I don't think that you have the luxury of waiting. " he spoke passing her the prescription. "Take this SOS. It'll help you with pain. "
He spoke as Shehnaaz nodded.

"Kaisa hai?", Reena asked as Sidharth walked over to the side of the terrace where she sat. It was late night, that Sidharth was finally back home, having done with the work for the day. Reena looked at her son, as he took the chair palced opposite to her.

"I am dead tired!" He spoke as he sat down, taking the lid off the glass bottle.
"I haven't had a second free for the day!" He added, as he put the bottle to his lips and gulped the water down.

"Take care of your heath. Work does not matter more than your health!" She spoke to him, taking the bottle from his hand as she clsoed the lid of the bottle. "Tel laga du? Baal me? Maalish chahiye?"  She added making space for him to come and sit on her side.

"Work out kia? You have been looking better.", she asked as he sat down, adjusting his arms so that she could apply oil to his scalp.

"I asked Bhavya if she wants to talk. " he spoke after a minute of silence. He was skeptical, unsure and most importantly confused with how he wanted things with Bhavya.

"Call kia usko?"

"Naah, I asked Krystal to visit her in person and fix a meeting in case Bhavya wants that too. I didn't know if I could call her, I mean I didn't know how she would have reacted!"

Reena kept quiet as he spoke of this. She knew his fears. She knew he was right in not trusting that woman, afterall he had all reasons to not to. "Kya boli?"

"We are meeting tomorrow.  I think this high time we end this."  He spoke and then fell quiet.  In that moment a strange feeling engulfed him, the fear of endings and new beginnings was one afterall. "Conflict!" He added after a deep breath. He didn't know if that was what he wanted deep in his heart, but he had to try, at least one last time. Ultimately wasn't she his wife?

"Patience se baat Karna. Stay calm, your temper is not your strength. I won't say ki kya baat karna. Jo man me hai woh bolna, sach sach. Lekin she's your wife, that's the biggest truth. Abhi don't expect a decision in a day, but try to figure the direction out, jisme you want this marriage to proceed."

"Shehnaaz?", Mayank spoke looking at the guy who had just bought him the files.

Sidharth was sitting in the front, they were busy discussing the details of the case, as they waited for Shehnaaz to arrive. She was not working on the case but in a personal capacity, she was helping Mayank with the things he thought only she could do.