Chapter 47

She was just comfort to him. Maybe a little differently,  maybe she bought him peace for some moments. Maybe they were just easy to be. Maybe that she didn't judge him, was it. Shehnaaz was busy in her head. Laying on the edge of the bed, her eyes stuck at the ceiling fan, her long hair falling down the bed . It was over 9:30 at night, one and half hour past the time Sidharth had decided for the dinner.  Her phone lay at the side, as she contemplated calling him. Was she justified to call him? Could she call him? Did she have that kind of access to him? No perhaps not, her brain thought. And then her brain started with the same tour, of them not being anything to each other, especially her not being important to him. He had a world around him, to look after, his people, people of his status, his class. She thought. She was stuck in the same cycle of thoughts, her heart aching a little, her brain trying hard to ignore the ache. She didn't want to feel an ounce of her heart was trying to yell, it wasn't comfortable to feel.

"Trnggggg!" She heard the sound of her phone, ringing. She turned her head,looking at the phone.  It was him. Her heart raced at the sight of his call. She wanted to pick it up, but would wait for a few rings before she answered. Answering the phone right away would have given an expression that she was waiting for his call, or him maybe.

"Sorry, I was stuck!" He spoke. Sidharth looked at her, as she got into the car. Her look plain and subtle, she was dressed in a white kurta and pants with a similar dupaata.  Her hair, open, as they fell along her cheek, while the jhumka from the other ear danced over the skin of other cheek.  She was going to wear a dress, or so she had told him. But then he remembered that he has asked her to dress in something comfortable. And she had, this white suit with extensive lace work and lose fit was her comfort. He smiled at the thought.

"Thats alright!" She smiled at him. Her eyes vibrant as they looked at him, his face.

"Terko wait karne ki aadat nahi hogi na?", he asked, reversing the car, as she looked on. The way his hands gripped the steering wheel, the way his eyes looked at the rear view mirror and the road ahead. All she could do was look at him. He was handsome and he looked way to younger for his age.

"Matlab?", she asked, still looking at him, while he moved the car ahead.

Sidharth heard her, but he didn't turn. "Matlab, you are beautiful.  So you must have made a lot of men wait for you!" He spoke. That was casual,  she was beautiful and he acknowledged it. The statement didn't really mean a lot to him.

Shehnaaz looked at him, he was handsome. The chiseled look of his face,  the more the work he did on his body the more it showed, the neatly kept thick beard along his face, making him look even more manly. The deep eyes, the thick and naturally shaped eyebrows,  the proper nose, Shehnaaz kept looking at him. He was blessed with right genes.
Shehnaaz heard him say all that. It felt weird, she had never done that. Not even with her previous boyfriends, she had never looked forward to any dates with any men. This was the first, and for a moment her heart had been broken thinking that he would not arrive. And the realization of the thought scared her.

She took a sharp breath, trying to let go of the fear. "How do I look? " she aksed. She did not expect him to complement, but the idea of him not having noticed her wasn't very pleasant to her brain.

"Good. You look brilliant. As always!" He answered. Shehnaaz had been looking as he spoke that. He did not even turn to look, her brain thought.

"I meant..."she spoke and then stopped. "Do you think,  that i might not be appropriately dressed for the place we are going.  You see, the...." she was speaking, when he stopped the car at place.