Chapter 5: I Couldn't

___________________

I looked at the clock 5 minutes before the bell and still Mr. Olsen has yet to submitted the answers. I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing but we had these electronic things called clickers. That we took our tests on therefore right after we submit our answers it tells us our score. Mr. Olsen didn't even bother to explain everyone knew if you didn't pass your screwed. I sighed tapping on my desk.

"Okay class I have-" I zoned him out too worried I wouldn't pass.

I waited for it to load before seeing 42% on my screen.

My stomach dropped and I felt like crying.  I failed. I actually failed. The bell rang and I still didn't move until Mel came and nudged me.

"Reg- she started but stopped when she saw my grade, which was still visible on the screen of the clicker.

"Your kidding. It has to be a mistake."

She assured me, has she grabbed the clicker out of my hand and held it closer to her face as if that would change the score.

"No, it's not I'm not on the cheer team."

"Surely, it won't make that big of a weight on your grade."

Oh how I wished those words were true. However, we both knew they weren't.

"It won't make a difference once, Sierra figures out I didn't pass she will kick me off. No buts."

"That's bull shiz. We just keep it from her, until you can get your grade back up."

"Ms. Matthews, Ms. Reader. I think you should head to your next class." Mr. Olsen said from the front of the class room.

"When can she retake it?" Mel demanded walking up to him.

A kid stood by my desk waiting for me to gather my things so he could take his seat. I gathered my notebooks into a huge pile. They felt heavier then what they usually did. I stood beside Mel as she talked to Mr Olsen.

"Not until after Christmas break." He replied. "I told you kids we had to put this test earlier because I would not be here to teach it because of my back surgery."

"That's stupid." Mel mumbled.

"Come talk to me after Christmas break when I'm back, Reagan and we will discuss things." He said looking to me as I put my clicker back in its slot. "Now get out before your late to class."

Although, I'm pretty sure we were already late as the tardy bell rang loudly throughout the school.

"Did Little princess Reagan not pass?" I heard Sierra's sorry excuse of a voice say from somewhere behind me. Of course she just had to have the hour right after mine.

I turned to her and glared, as Mel placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Well that drops your grade, what do you have now? B? C? F?"

Mel grabbed my arm and pulled me to my out to the hall. Before I could say anything back.

"Mel I'm gonna get kicked off." I shrieked tears threatening to spill.

"No, I'll figure something out." She said.

"What? What are you going to do?"

She sighed looking everywhere but my eyes, as we stood in the middle of the empty hallway.

"I don't know."